What are the chances this device will be released on Tmobile? AT&T's network runs on the same technology.

And if it isn't, wouldn't it be possible to swap SIM cards and reload the OS w/out the AT&T loader file for use on Tmobile's network?
    07-07-10 12:24 PM
    While both ATT & TMO *do* run in the same network, TMO uses different 3g bands. So while it would be possible to unlock an ATT slider and use it on TMO, you wouldn't have 3g.

Better off waiting until AT&T's exclusive period is over (rumored to be anywhere between 3 and 9 months) and TMO released the device capable of using their 3g bands.
    07-07-10 12:27 PM
    WOW.....

Whoever is negotiating all these exclusive rights deals for AT&T with all the hot devices needs a serious raise (and a hit put out on them). Just when T-Mobile was really starting to put real effort into the network, I have to wait months to get the phone I actually want... FAIL!!
    07-07-10 12:47 PM
    There's already a T-Mo/9800 thread here, which I'm sure came up when you created the thread title.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/bb...well-t-479805/
    07-07-10 12:49 PM
    Dude be careful, apparently you can't point out if people post threads that already have been started... some people frown upon that.
    07-07-10 01:01 PM
    07-07-10 01:58 PM
    By the time TMO gets the 9800, there will probably be a new BB, 99xx.
    07-07-10 02:10 PM
    While both ATT & TMO *do* run in the same network, TMO uses different 3g bands. So while it would be possible to unlock an ATT slider and use it on TMO, you wouldn't have 3g.

Better off waiting until AT&T's exclusive period is over (rumored to be anywhere between 3 and 9 months) and TMO released the device capable of using their 3g bands.
    Not to mention UMA, which I assume/hope the T-Mo version will support.

Question, though: just because the T-Mo 3G bands won't be supported at launch, wouldn't a simple firmware upgrade later unlock those bands? Or is it manufactured that way? Probably a stupid question but I'm not too familiar with the unlocking process.
    07-07-10 02:34 PM
    What are the chances this device will be released on Tmobile?
    Also, when is the 9800 going to be released??
    07-07-10 02:47 PM

Question, though: just because the T-Mo 3G bands won't be supported at launch, wouldn't a simple firmware upgrade later unlock those bands? Or is it manufactured that way? Probably a stupid question but I'm not too familiar with the unlocking process.
    great question! i wonder if/when the 9800 will show up on T-Mo and if it's just a matter of RIM "flipping a switch" on their firmware side to enable T-Mo bands (AWS 1700 for 3G)
    07-07-10 05:21 PM
    By the time TMO gets the 9800, there will probably be a new BB, 99xx.
    Or BB 100xx
    07-07-10 06:22 PM
    T-Mobile may get this device. There is a thread in the T-Mobile forum that shows the leaked T-Mobile Roadmap for 2010 smartphones and tablets. There is a Blackberry schedule for release this year, but no news yet as to which model it is. It may be the 9800 or, if rumors are true, possible another model that has not be talked about yet.
    07-07-10 06:52 PM
    I think it's probable that Tmo will get this phone the same time or shortly thereafter AT&T. The reason? Because I've called TMO cust support (who are historically the dumbest people on earth) and asked if there's a new Blackberry due out - all of them....every one, without prompting has said something to the effect of "sliding phone, touchscreen, slider" - every single one- the dates change of course, some say August, lately they've been saying september...but somewhere in their system, there's mention of a new upcoming device.

Jack
    07-08-10 08:42 AM
    If that's true that's a very good sign... though to this point i haven't seen/heard anything less than a 3-month AT&T exclusivity period. hopefully all the rumors are wrong!
    07-08-10 02:35 PM
    Also really hope that T-Mobile gets it!!! I think it looks great.
    07-08-10 03:06 PM
    I think it's probable that Tmo will get this phone the same time or shortly thereafter AT&T. The reason? Because I've called TMO cust support (who are historically the dumbest people on earth) and asked if there's a new Blackberry due out - all of them....every one, without prompting has said something to the effect of "sliding phone, touchscreen, slider" - every single one- the dates change of course, some say August, lately they've been saying september...but somewhere in their system, there's mention of a new upcoming device.

Jack
    I find this interesting. I've called twice today to speak with CS. Both times they told me they have no information about the 9800. I also chatted with 2 different Tmo CS reps online. Both also said "We do not have any information."

I was hoping that they would say what Jack said he heard...
    oh well.
    07-08-10 06:19 PM
    The guys over at AndroidSpin have gotten a screenshot of T-Mobile�s device launch roadmap for the remainder of 2010. While they are focused on the mass amount of Android devices launching on T-Mo, we are concerned with that lone RIM logo over September. There is no indication as to which device this will be but logically it seems as if the Pearl 3G would be the one.
    Unnamed BlackBerry Device Coming to T-Mobile In September | The BerryFix
    07-08-10 06:23 PM
    I'd be willing to bet that is the Pearl 3G, not the Slider.
    07-08-10 06:35 PM
    I'd be willing to bet that is the Pearl 3G, not the Slider.
    If not the Pearl 3G then the 9300.
    07-08-10 07:47 PM
    Sounding more and more like it's the new 9300. If T-Mobile gets the 9800, it won't be until Q1 2011.
    07-08-10 07:55 PM
    9300. That's what the rep I talked to said. I'll be waiting patiently for the 9800...although I just had to get my second 9700 because of a radio issue and the replacement feels VASTLY better. 1st one was a launch day one so I might wait a few months after the 9800 comes to T-Mo to get mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 03:11 PM

it's a hardware difference. the two bands require different antennas.
    07-14-10 03:35 PM
    Sounding more and more like it's the new 9300. If T-Mobile gets the 9800, it won't be until Q1 2011.
    That's what I'm thinking. Either the 9300 or the 3G Pearl. My 9700 is only 7mos old so I don't mind holding on to it for a while. Can't wait for the 9800 though!
    07-14-10 03:52 PM
    The only way to have confirmation is to speak with a network tester. By the time Customer Service and Tech Care know about the device, the device is about to drop.
    07-14-10 08:08 PM
    Take it for what it's worth but I spent 30 minutes on the phone with a couple different TMO tech support people yesterday and both said they were getting a blackberry slider in the Aug-Sep timeframe. One of them said they were getting 2 new blackberries, one in Aug and one in Sept. She said she new one was a slider and the other was unknown. I am guessing the unknown one is the 9300 and really hoping she was right about the slider.
    07-16-10 12:50 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD