Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me. I'm a pretty low user of my BB torch 9800 but tonight I was at a event which included a tweet up. For those who don't know a tweet up, includes using a hash tag and creating a conversation around the event. I was using my twitter pretty regularly and noticed that it started to get really hot. I checked my battery app (which also tells battery temp) and the battery had gone from around 25-40C. The processor (below it) was even hotter, I was forced to shut off my phone to cool it down as it became almost too hot to handle. Has anyone ever had this happen to them and is it because of the amount of usage. You would figure that using twitter and reloading twitter shouldn't cause that. I noticed my battery go from around 98% to 38% over the period of 3 hours. I thought that BB were supposed to have good batteries in them.

Any thoughts on how to avoid this in the future? Is this normal, my warranty runs out in a month and I'd rather not have my BB catch fire on me and not be covered. Thanks guys and gals
    10-25-11 11:42 PM
    Sometimes 3rd party apps can cause errors manifested by warm up and execive battery use; these can usually be fixed by a reboot.....

Most people know that removing the battery from your BlackBerry is a perfectly acceptable way to reset the BlackBerry. There is another way. A soft reset will accomplish the same thing as pulling the battery but without all the hassle of taking your BlackBerry out of its case, removing the battery door, pulling the battery, waiting for a few seconds, replacing the battery, replacing the battery cover, and returning the device to its protective case.
    Incidentally, a "soft" reset is not a kinder, gentler way to restart your BlackBerry. Soft, in this case, means the device is reset by the SOFTware. A "hard" reset involves pulling the battery, a HARDware reset. To accomplish this soft reset, you'll hold three keys down all at the same time. On your keyboard, press and hold the ALT key, press and hold the right SHIFT key, and press DEL. Wait 10 sec for the reset to start.
    In my mind, this is almost the same as pressing Control-Alt-Delete to restart a Windows PC (at least it once did).
    10-26-11 10:40 AM
    Sometimes 3rd party apps can cause errors manifested by warm up and execive battery use; these can usually be fixed by a reboot.....

Most people know that removing the battery from your BlackBerry is a perfectly acceptable way to reset the BlackBerry. There is another way. A soft reset will accomplish the same thing as pulling the battery but without all the hassle of taking your BlackBerry out of its case, removing the battery door, pulling the battery, waiting for a few seconds, replacing the battery, replacing the battery cover, and returning the device to its protective case.
    Incidentally, a "soft" reset is not a kinder, gentler way to restart your BlackBerry. Soft, in this case, means the device is reset by the SOFTware. A "hard" reset involves pulling the battery, a HARDware reset. To accomplish this soft reset, you'll hold three keys down all at the same time. On your keyboard, press and hold the ALT key, press and hold the right SHIFT key, and press DEL. Wait 10 sec for the reset to start.
    In my mind, this is almost the same as pressing Control-Alt-Delete to restart a Windows PC (at least it once did).
    10-26-11 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD