Hello all,

I have searched the forum but I couldn't find any answer to my problem.
    I have been using BB Torch 9800 for almost two years. It went crazy on me for few times and it was sent to service center under warranty repair.
    As soon as the warranty of 18 months expired my phone's all keys went dead. Strangely I thought it might be a hardware issue but on randomly pressing all the keys it becomes completely alive for few minutes and dies out eventually.
    I am looking for someone to help me with this issue. It seems that it is not a hardware issue and there are no available updates for my phone.
    Here's the info of my blackberry torch 9800 versions and details.

Please somebody genuinely help me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    03-12-13 08:02 AM
    Have you tried reloading the software?

The same thing happened to me and my co-worker fixed it....my 9800 insides were worn out and needed a cleaning.
    03-12-13 08:08 AM
    Have you tried reloading the software?

The same thing happened to me and my co-worker fixed it....my 9800 insides were worn out and needed a cleaning.
    MC_A_DOT pls can u guide me through the process of reloading yhe software? I would really appreciate it.

03-12-13 11:31 AM
    First things is to download BlackBerry Desktop Software from...

BlackBerry Desktop Software - Desktop Manager - BlackBerry 10 OS - United Kingdom

Then follow the steps below.

KB03621-How to reload BlackBerry Device software and applications using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Let me know if you get stuck.
    03-12-13 11:41 AM
    First things is to download BlackBerry Desktop Software from...

BlackBerry Desktop Software - Desktop Manager - BlackBerry 10 OS - United Kingdom

Then follow the steps below.

KB03621-How to reload BlackBerry Device software and applications using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Let me know if you get stuck.
    Thank you for helping me....but when i click update it does not show me "View Other Versions" options, instead it asks me my email address for receiving information about future updates :-(
    03-12-13 01:27 PM
    Thank you for helping me....but when i click update it does not show me "View Other Versions" options, instead it asks me my email address for receiving information about future updates :-(
    Alas!! i am successful in reloading OS on my Torch using BBSAK. But unfortunately, the keypad probelm still exists
    I wiped clean the OS (Got an Error 507) reinstalled fresh OS. still the keys are not responding....the same procedure has to be followed (fiddling with the keys for a min or two)....
    9800 keypad and keys with trackpad wont respond-20130313_102435.jpg

Any ideas?
    Last edited by vaiobuddy; 03-13-13 at 12:02 AM. Reason: New Specification Snapshot
    03-12-13 02:28 PM
    sounds to me like u have a damaged main flex ribbon cable
    03-13-13 06:50 PM
    Thank you all for helping on this tiny miny issue....I have made up my mind of torching my torch....
    Will try to get a new BB Z10 in near future...
    Cheers
    03-14-13 10:34 AM