Hello. I just bought my blackberry 9800 last week. But i have one problem.

Everytime i go into an elevator and lose connection. After i came out from the elevator and regain my mobile network, i wont be able to use gmail app nor whatsapp. It will say that it is not connected to the internet and not able to connect to server for both app. But the internet browser works and can go onto google and other websites.

Anyone know how i can solve this issue? I talked to my service provide (HKCSL) and they told me that its the 9800's software problem instead of the provider's problem.

Thanks in advance.
    03-29-11 10:02 AM
    i'm currently using 6.0.0.337.

And on the "use other version of software" there is a choice for 6.0.0.246 and 6.0.0.141.

beside the 6.0.0.246, it said that "Downgrade is recommended"

Anyone know which firmware i should be using?

And the phone is AT&T software unlocked.
    03-29-11 10:28 AM
    anyone knows how to fix this problem??
    03-29-11 09:04 PM
    Sorry for not mentioning this.

In order to fix the issue, i have to do a soft reset. But i have to do it every now and then, and everytime i exit an elevator. So i have to soft reset about 4-5 times a day.

Is this normal or am i just being too picky about a working device?
    03-29-11 09:09 PM
    try re-sending the service books... i would considering updating the device's software. most carriers have released .448. i would look for that one, even if it's not from your carrier... that would probably solve your issue...

i am running .448, and work in a hotel, ans spend quite a bit of time in and out of reception in the building, but i don't have any issues once it comes back...
    03-29-11 09:35 PM
    I tried to update the device software, but on DM it said that there is no update software available.
    03-29-11 09:46 PM
    I tried to update the device software, but on DM it said that there is no update software available.
    don't go through desktop manager... you can find tons of leaked OS's on this site... (see the sticky's in the 9800 forum). if you want an "official" version, goto BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

looks like HKCSL does not support ANY Torch9800 device software, as i am assuming they do not sell it...

your best bet is to just pick another carrier in your region / or better yet that uses the same network, and look for a version higher than yours... off the top of my head i know rogers in canada has their official of .448 on the blackberry site

the other option is a leaked OS, and like i said, check out the stickys...

DM, or updating on your device wont find any updates because your carrier doesn't have them, doesn't mean they do not exsist...

good luck
    03-29-11 09:56 PM
    hmm..i noticed that this is a .exe file.

I am currently running on mac, how would i be able to do that?
    03-29-11 10:23 PM
    You'll have so search the fourms... I have no clue how to do that on a mac...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-11 10:33 PM
    ok, thanks you have been great help!
    03-29-11 10:42 PM
    No problem. Good luck.

Let us know the outcome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    pl4ter likes this.
    03-29-11 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD