When I got my 9800 I used DM to do the device switch from my 9000. Now all I have in my Contacts are emails addresses. No phone numbers, none!, some contacts without emails addresses are just missing, and no home addresses. I thought all that info was on my sim card? I did do a back-up, but it says the file is an IPD and it won't open.
    08-14-10 12:39 AM
    I was able to transfer all my contacts with no problem once I changed to remove pictures from my contacts if not it will crash everytime I try to update. Never kept anything on my simcard so really not sure. IPD... isn't that a backup of your complete phone and not your addressbook?

I am using the AT&T addressbook online synch seems to work ok I just wish it would see me having a blackberry and backup my friends pins same with DM/Windows.
    08-14-10 05:20 AM
    I was able to transfer all my contacts with no problem once I changed to remove pictures from my contacts if not it will crash everytime I try to update. Never kept anything on my simcard so really not sure. IPD... isn't that a backup of your complete phone and not your addressbook?

I am using the AT&T addressbook online synch seems to work ok I just wish it would see me having a blackberry and backup my friends pins same with DM/Windows.
    Can you please provide a link with the AT&T address book online synch.

Thanks
    08-14-10 02:45 PM
    In re dm, check tour setting for device trasnfer. Remove the app transfer and leave only contacts selected. This will transfer over the pictures and everything (I moved 158 contacts this way). If you have it set to move the apps, too, it will clitch when it comes time to do the conmtacts, so do them seperately. It works fine that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 03:15 PM
    In re dm, check tour setting for device trasnfer. Remove the app transfer and leave only contacts selected. This will transfer over the pictures and everything (I moved 158 contacts this way). If you have it set to move the apps, too, it will clitch when it comes time to do the conmtacts, so do them seperately. It works fine that way.

I don't have the Tour, I have the Torch. All of my contacts with phone numbers are still on my 9000. When I used the device switch in DM, it only transferred the contacts with email addresses and no phone numbers. I have tried everything I can thinkof to get my numbers off my 9000 and onto my 9800. Does anyone know a way?
    08-14-10 06:40 PM
    Doesn't anyone know how to get my phone numbers from my 9000 to my 9800?
    I really don't want to add 190+ one by one, with addresses, ring tones and pictures.
    I know there is a Crackberry genius in here!!!! Youwho...where are you???
    Last edited by laollis; 08-14-10 at 08:24 PM. Reason: sp
    08-14-10 08:24 PM
    Doesn't anyone know how to get my phone numbers from my 9000 to my 9800?
    I really don't want to add 190+ one by one, with addresses, ring tones and pictures.
    I know there is a Crackberry genius in here!!!! Youwho...where are you???

Did you try with the latest DM6? Transferred everything from my 9700 to 9800 without a prob
    Last edited by TAG1; 08-14-10 at 08:30 PM.
    08-14-10 08:28 PM
    Did you try with the latest DM6?
    Yes. My 9000 still shows all my numbers, but they won't go to the 9800.
    08-14-10 08:30 PM
    Can you please provide a link with the AT&T address book online synch.

Thanks
    https://addressbook.att.net/#

On your phone its in the setup...
    08-15-10 12:01 AM
    I don't have the Tour, I have the Torch. All of my contacts with phone numbers are still on my 9000. When I used the device switch in DM, it only transferred the contacts with email addresses and no phone numbers. I have tried everything I can thinkof to get my numbers off my 9000 and onto my 9800. Does anyone know a way?
    I meant torch. That's what I was replying to the post on. I'm trying to get used go the touch screen and I still miss a few words in proof reading. I switched from a 9700 to the torch in this manner I listed previously.

08-15-10 06:11 AM
    I don't have a Torch or DM6 but there are several ways to move stuff from one BlackBerry to another. Stuff comes in various flavors and the Device Switch Wizard in DM usually does a good job of moving the following "stuff" (all of it, actually). Contacts, emails, Calandar, Tasks, Notes, appications and all settings. What DSW cannot do is to register your apps with the new PIN.

DSW creates a full Backup in an ipd file (you can open this up with
    Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD and BBB files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor, forensic tool ipd file converter $19.95 - it has a demo mode) and then Restores this to the new phone.

Next best is a Sync to Outlook. Here you can save your Contacts, Tasks, Notes and Calendar. You can do similar with Google Sync but some stuff is not sync'ed.

Doing a Backup of the old phone and the a Restore to the new one will achieve the same as above but you'll also get the emails.

No information is stored on the SIM card. There is just not enough space for that.

Imo the DSW in DM should have correctly transferred all your personal data from one phone to the other.
    08-15-10 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD