Im running .337 on my torch and continuously having problems with my camera. When i go to take the shot it will focus in as if it were going to take the picture but wont actually take it... help please!!!
    01-10-11 04:10 PM
    It's unfortunately a bug in the OS. I have this too, although not everyone does.

Until it's rectified in a future firmware update, the only fix is to reboot your Torch.

Really sucks when you're trying to snap a pic on the fly, and then you have to wait 2-3 minutes for your BB to reboot.
    01-10-11 05:26 PM
    I have this prob too. Its super_duper annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-11 05:50 PM
    You can add me to the list that has this problem. Very annoying. Hope they fix it with the next upgrade?
    Really, the only complaint I have for my TORCH.
    01-11-11 08:25 AM
    I had that problem and it was because my sd card was not formatted correctly (it was working in my phone and all that), not sure why but the sd that came with the phone is not formatted properly.

Use your phone to format the sd card (make sure you backup your stuff before). It fixed my problem so maybe it will fix yours too.
    jvsantosjr likes this.
    01-11-11 08:48 AM
    I had that problem and it was because my sd card was not formatted correctly (it was working in my phone and all that), not sure why but the sd that came with the phone is not formatted properly.

Use your phone to format the sd card (make sure you backup your stuff before). It fixed my problem so maybe it will fix yours too.
    I can attest to this. I had the camera problem too, copy/pasted the contents of my media card to my pc, formatted the card from the BB, copy/pasted all the info back to it and my camera has worked flawlessly since.

Edit:
    I had a 32gb card that was in my previous BB so i didn't reformat it initially. I didn't use the 4gb card that came with the device.
    jvsantosjr likes this.
    01-11-11 08:51 AM
    Never had this problem on this OS fortunately.

01-12-11 12:11 AM
    I had a 32gb card that was in my previous BB so i didn't reformat it initially. I didn't use the 4gb card that came with the device.
    Thanks, good to know Homer. This is the same Dane-Elec 8GB class-4 card I had in my 9700, so I would have never thought to reformat it.

Hmmmm� wait a sec� why do you seem smarter today�?
    *scratches head*
    01-12-11 01:30 AM
    I strongly advise to re-format the sd card you gonna use in the Torch. The one that came with, or the one you gonna put in by yourself, doesn't matter. And then start using it. I lost over 50 pictures due to some error that popped up one day.

Also, make sure it's fully inserted and tight in there. The sd card slot inside the Torch is not well designed, if you shake the phone too hard or drop the phone, you gonna have to check make sure it didn't get loose.
    01-12-11 08:59 AM
    Thanks for the help!! sooooo now here is my next question... how do you reformat the sd card?
    01-12-11 01:04 PM
    [QUOTE=jvsantosjr;5947191]Thanks for the help!! sooooo now here is my next question... how do you reformat the sd card?[/QUOTE

figured out how to format... but can you use the desktop manager to put the pis and videos back on the card?
    01-12-11 01:09 PM
    your pc shoudl detect 2 removable drive when you plug your torch to it, so you should be able to drag and drop the file on them, no need of desktop manager.

The media card should have the name BLACKBERRY (on your pc in My Computer), and your internal memory should be name BLACKBERRY1
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 01-12-11 at 02:02 PM.
    jvsantosjr likes this.
    01-12-11 02:00 PM
    your pc shoudl detect 2 removable drive when you plug your torch to it, so you should be able to drag and drop the file on them, no need of desktop manager.

The media card should have the name BLACKBERRY (on your pc in My Computer), and your internal memory should be name BLACKBERRY1
    does it show up as an icon? or do i have to find it and make one?
    01-12-11 02:56 PM
    I too was having issues with the camera, I refortmatted my sd card and all seems better now. We shall see next when I'm in disneyland.

01-12-11 06:06 PM
    does it show up as an icon? or do i have to find it and make one?
    No it will show up as a drive on your PC, like your C: drive. On my PC, the Torch is drives F and G. Just open via your Start Menu, then My Computer.
    Once you find it, Cut all contents and Paste them somewhere else. I would make a new folder on the Desktop called 9800 Media Backup or something like that.
    jvsantosjr likes this.
    01-12-11 08:25 PM
    it detect as a removable device if you have windows
    01-12-11 08:35 PM
    it detect as a removable device if you have windows
    No, I know. I was just trying to keep it simple for the other member.
    I believe the removable devices appear under My Computer too, or am I out to lunch�? I don't have my laptop with me to double-check.
    01-13-11 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD