Let me preface by saying I was a HUGE bb bold fanboy and absolutely hated anything touch screen after owning an iphone for a few days.

Coming from a 9780, I absolutely hated the 9800 when I got it. A day later though it absolutely grew on me.

Its got the best screen, a very good keyboard with no double key input issue like the new bold, os 6 is stable as **** even while multitasking several applications.

I am in smart phone heaven here guys...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-11 07:40 PM
    This is a great device!!!!
    Let's enjoy our torchs.

02-17-11 07:43 PM
    as far as the best ever that depends on how many million people you ask, I have actually seen the storm referred to here as the Blackberry flagship.
    02-17-11 08:14 PM
    I heard the storm was absolutely plagued with issues.

Another thing too is the weight of the Torch. I love that it has some heft to it. Feels nice and solid in the hand, not like a toy.

02-17-11 08:25 PM
    Let me preface by saying I was a HUGE bb bold fanboy and absolutely hated anything touch screen after owning an iphone for a few days.

Coming from a 9780, I absolutely hated the 9800 when I got it. A day later though it absolutely grew on me.

Its got the best screen, a very good keyboard with no double key input issue like the new bold, os 6 is stable as **** even while multitasking several applications.

I am in smart phone heaven here guys...

My experience was a little different. I had both the 9780 & 9800. I found that I a lot of difficulty typing on the 9800 touchscreen and thought the physical keyboard was a little cramped. I do agree that the 9800 is a really good BB, it just didn't work for me. I love my 9780.
    02-17-11 08:27 PM
    I love my Torch but it's too heavy and although I don't have slider wobble issues, there's a definate lack of solidity. No flaming boys-- I love my Torch just like you do. But the truth is the truth. Whenever it feels a little crappy, I use my 9780 for a week. LOL

02-17-11 08:31 PM
    When comparing features; 9800 is the best right now, but the 9780 is right up there!
    As for build quality, slider designs do have their flaws.
    02-17-11 08:49 PM
    The Bold is the definitive BlackBerry. The Torch is hot. And funky.
    02-17-11 09:23 PM
    My honest opinion... Definitely not. I like it alright, but best? Not a chance.

02-17-11 10:17 PM
    :-),
    lol,
    good joke dude.
    you have got sense of humor.
    02-18-11 12:42 AM
    I think my Torch is fantastic. I had an 8900 a couple of years ago, then like a sheep I bought an iPhone. I've had the Torch for a week now and it's definatley the best phone I have ever owned.
    02-18-11 04:01 PM
    Typing on the Torch is horrible, it is not even comparable to the Bold with that flat keyboard...

The battery has a less capacity than the Bold although it has a bigger screen...imagine that?!

But guess what? All this does not matter if you are happy with your device

Congratulations
    02-18-11 04:07 PM
    Another thing too is the weight of the Torch. I love that it has some heft to it. Feels nice and solid in the hand, not like a toy.
    Agree! I don't see why some people fuss over that. I find it feels great.

02-18-11 05:17 PM
    The battery has a less capacity than the Bold although it has a bigger screen...imagine that?!

But guess what? All this does not matter if you are happy with your device
    Congratulations
    I carry both a 9000 and 9800 with me every day since Nov and can definitively say the Torch batt is at least as good as the Bold.

I also find there are some areas where I can talk on my Torch while my Bold has no signal so I guess a better radio.

02-18-11 05:26 PM
    The 9000 still has the best keyboard and speaker, IMO.
    02-18-11 05:39 PM
    The 9000 still has the best keyboard and speaker, IMO.
    I completely agree. I also miss the browser keyboard shortcuts from OS5. Other than that, I think Torch is the best BB so far.

02-18-11 05:45 PM
    I love everything about my 9800. No complaints.
    02-18-11 09:43 PM
    Did somebody say.......
    Da-kow-taaaaaaaa!!!!!!?????

02-18-11 10:02 PM
    I carry both a 9000 and 9800 with me every day since Nov and can definitively say the Torch batt is at least as good as the Bold.

I also find there are some areas where I can talk on my Torch while my Bold has no signal so I guess a better radio.

You're right, the 9000 and the Torch have about the same battery life even though the 9000 has a higher capacity battery.

Reason is: 9000 is 3 years old, old hardware that is not very battery efficient and big screen.

I mean compare a 9700 / 9780 battery life to a Torch, that's when you'll see the huge difference
    02-18-11 10:36 PM
    thats a no brainer.. torch is the most user friendly bb ever made.. man, i used a bold earlier, and sold it after 3 months.. was so irritated by the stupid trackball and the lame browser.. now after one year i again went back to a smartphone, this time a bb torch.. and my feeling was, now we r talking.. if u look at the big picture and consider everything, the torch will beat any bb model ever made.. come on a good keypad is not enough to make an outstanding device.. torch is a practical device which u can use for any tusk with relative ease..now we can say safely enough that a smartphone can be an alternative to a pc..
    Last edited by admirer; 02-20-11 at 09:50 PM.
    02-20-11 09:45 PM
    op, so you're saying the 9800 is the best blackberry ever made.i say you're wrong. with new devices on the horizon for 2011, the 9800 will become obsolete too.
    just how technology goes. there will be no best blackberry ever made because new blackberries will always replace old blackberries. new iphones will replace old iphones. new androids will replace old androids. and so on.
    02-20-11 10:11 PM
    I just moved from the Bold 9000 to the Torch. I have to say - it was a great move! Love the Torch! Not a big fan of typing on a touch screen but love the option to use swipe action. No wobbly-ness with the slider either.
    02-21-11 01:02 AM
    I agree. I'm still trying to see the big separation of the Torch 9800 compared to other top smart phones right now. I think the Torch is the best BB to date. I use mine for business and play. I've compared it with top Android devices (Incredible, Droid 2 Global) and iphone; There is no significant advantage with Android or Apple right now. As long as BB keeps innovative, they should keep its loyal base. They are however, hanging on by a string due to younger demographics gravitating to the more "app friendly" devices.
    BB is still the best phone for business.
    02-21-11 01:20 AM
    I just moved from the Bold 9000 to the Torch. I have to say - it was a great move! Love the Torch! Not a big fan of typing on a touch screen but love the option to use swipe action. No wobbly-ness with the slider either.
    How do you enable swipe?

02-21-11 03:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD