hi i bought it today and i need to know if it has problems, i have benn chatting using my im and after a while, right below the battery it starts heating...... is it normal ??? help me
    12-06-10 08:44 PM
    No issue with mine. Maybe your holding it to tight.
    12-06-10 08:52 PM
    I've heard of other people with this issue, but I've never had this problem. Have spent long periods of time surfing the web, texting, facebook, twitter and my phone has never heated up.
    12-06-10 08:54 PM
    did u give it time to settle in and charge properly?? did u have it plugged in and constantly using the same time?? that would definitely cause that problem..maybe ur a bot excited to have it but let it rest a bit...lol
    12-06-10 09:43 PM
    Realized this problem too when I first got the Torch. It warms up after some heavy usage. However after a month, the heating up gets lesser, perhaps just a teeny weeny bit!

Enjoy your new Torch!
    12-06-10 10:41 PM
    warming up from heavy usage is normal. mine does it as well when i use it really heavily or when theres alot of data going in and out (like rejoining a BBM group). its the processor getting hot from working, not the battery.
    12-06-10 11:59 PM
    I have the same problem.

Important to note that it is not the battery that is heating up, because it is very obvious the area heating up is below the battery.

I notice that this only happens with I set my network mode to "2G & 3G", or just 3G. No problem when its set to only 2G.

I think the device heat up because it was trying to stay connected to 3G in area where 3G signal is weak.

My device don't get heat up even with heavy usage when I'm using it in area I know has strong 3G signal.

And when that heating up happens, the battery drains much faster.

That's just my observation.
    12-07-10 07:27 PM
    ...but mostly where I have low signal, and am using data... browsing AppWorld, reading image-heavy emails, surfing, etc.

Perhaps you don't have great signal where you are?
    12-07-10 08:55 PM
    Same here for me when charging, talking on a call, and texting- while emails and BBMs are coming in. I'm happy it doesn't explode.
    12-07-10 09:11 PM
    ...but mostly where I have low signal, and am using data... browsing AppWorld, reading image-heavy emails, surfing, etc.

Perhaps you don't have great signal where you are?
    Only when I set my network mode to 2G&3G or 3G and I'm in area with weak 3G signal, my device will heat up.

If I set my network mode to 2G, no heating problem at all.
    12-07-10 09:24 PM
    like i said, its the CPU. anything labor intensive on the phone will cause it to head up. just like any electronic device.
    12-07-10 11:25 PM
    The back of mine gets a little warm with heavy use...nothing out of the ordinary
    12-07-10 11:43 PM
    Yes... Even I have a similar "observation" ... not a problem though.
    Heating up on heavy use is bound to happen with the processor temperature going up!
    12-08-10 12:50 AM
    thank you very much, you were very helpfull

am enjoying it to all
    12-09-10 03:09 PM
    I have the same problem.

Important to note that it is not the battery that is heating up, because it is very obvious the area heating up is below the battery.

I notice that this only happens with I set my network mode to "2G & 3G", or just 3G. No problem when its set to only 2G.

I think the device heat up because it was trying to stay connected to 3G in area where 3G signal is weak.

My device don't get heat up even with heavy usage when I'm using it in area I know has strong 3G signal.

And when that heating up happens, the battery drains much faster.

That's just my observation.
    what an awesome advice....thanks a bunch...i intend to change mine permanently to 2G not only to stop heating up, but also to save my battery life....what feature will i lose if i change to "2G" alone, in stead of being on "2G & 3G"
    12-10-10 02:14 AM
    2G vs 3G, with 2G only,

1. much slower data speed
    2. You can't use voice together with data. For example, if you're on a call, you can't browse the internet.

That's what I know.

what an awesome advice....thanks a bunch...i intend to change mine permanently to 2G not only to stop heating up, but also to save my battery life....what feature will i lose if i change to "2G" alone, in stead of being on "2G & 3G"
    12-10-10 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD