I have now done a replacement for a 9800 and a 9810 with broken screens but operational digitizers. The problem is after replacement the phone powers on and is operational with the trackpad as well as all features except the touch screen functionality! Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas?
    04-14-12 06:31 PM
    be more specific .....

are both phones digitizers not working?
    04-15-12 10:54 PM
    Both were working with the cracked screens and now neither work with the replacements.
    04-16-12 05:40 AM
    Hmmm that's weird. I was going to ask if you had clipped in the touchscreen ribbons properly into the clip on the back of the LCDs, but I figure more or less you would've. No tears or breakages on any of the ribbons perhaps?
    04-16-12 06:54 AM
    Nope! Ad definitely connected the rear large cable. Went through the entire tear down. I replace screens on phones as a side hobby and honestly the torch is the only one giving this problem. I told the last woman to restore her phone after a backup and that was days ago and she hasn't let me know if it worked so I'm not sure if that solved it.

I know I restored a phones display with a restore once. But it was a shot in the dark. If it doesn't work it's likely I will be replacing her phone for her. No biggie as that's the name of the game.
    04-16-12 07:09 PM
    ok .... but it's super weird.... just like that .... oh well
    04-16-12 09:58 PM
    Agreed. Maybe it doesn't register it unless you restore, even though that doesn't seem logical.
    04-17-12 04:30 PM
    I have the same problem with my Blackberry Torch, ordered 2 digitizers and both times the touch screen does not work. The trackpad is fine, can you suggest anything?

Thank you, desperate here
    11-08-12 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD