Battery drain on .337 for me is alright, but I don't think it's much better than that on .246. I think it's worse actually. One of you mentioned Facebook 1.9 and I think that might be the reason I've been feeling more battery drain lately. I had it before I upgraded to .337 so the 1.9 beta might have been to blame.

What kind of drain are you all getting with no apps running? I'm getting 1% an hour or so. Would you consider that normal?
    11-10-10 11:34 PM
    What kind of drain are you all getting with no apps running? I'm getting 1% an hour or so. Would you consider that normal?
    A little less than 1% per hour, yes. That's assuming your phone does nothing but sit idle.
    11-11-10 06:56 AM
    I had recharged the phone to %100 and after 4 hours it was down to %60 and I didnt even use the phone. Full signal... Battery drain!
    Did a wipe and reinstalled everything and works %100 no drainage.
    Learn something everyday.
    11-11-10 11:18 AM
    I have the same issue,,,i take my phone off the charging pod...within 20 mins from 100% im down to 97%...which isnt a huge drop to be fair but nothing is running in the background although i have berry weather running and it updates the temp every hr or so.

But the poster above me a few posts up...it seems to level out after around 80% even with fairly hard useage.

Not that fussed tbh as i tend to drop my phone into the charging dock every night when i go to sleep...even last night spending about 2hrs on the phone to a friend of mine...my battery went from 75% to about 70% in the 2 hrs i was on the phone talking away.
    11-11-10 11:27 AM
    i had social scope since i had my 8900 and had no issues with it refreshing in the background. with my recent battery issues and after upgrading to .337 (which seemed to force a login to SS after EVERY reboot) i noticed the battery drain was intermittent and traced it to this app. changed the settings to refresh manually (takes longer to get twitter updates) but after a full day this has made a huge difference. just throwing it out there for ppl with twitter apps running in constant refresh.

piece
    11-12-10 09:10 AM
    I updated to .337. I have Meterberry installed and am currently at a 1.6% discharge rate. Is this fine? I took the charger off the phone at 6 AM and it is currently 1 AM next day at a batt level of 68-70%. How would you rate that?

and quick question please. does having apps installed to the phone still consume battery life? i'm not using some of the apps i have installed, but are they still using battery? thanks guys. i just don't want to have to delete them coz i want longer battery life...

imo, i've noticed a small decrease in battery life for .337. i think i was getting more juice from .284. but that's just me....
    11-12-10 12:09 PM
    1.6 is very good.

Installed apps don't use any battery unless they are running. How much they use when running depends on the app. And yeah .284 battery life was a little better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 01:14 PM
    I unplugged the phone at 7am. It is now 10:45am and I am at %80 battery.
    What gives?? Brightness at 0. I have sent 5 emails at MOST. No bbm, no web pages, nothing running in the background. Pulled battery etc....

Is this weird or what?

You could try this app to monitor battery usage and it might help you figure out if your usage is normal. Its free and works well.

http://compactbyte.com/bb-meter/download/

11-12-10 05:08 PM
    Battery life on mine is wierd. Some days it amazes me lots of charge after busy day. SOme days it seems to be losing charge quickly with little activity. In general its a lot better than my bold 9000
    11-12-10 05:37 PM
    Try using the application manager (I usually just universal search "app" then go to options). You'll be able to see what's running, how much of the CPU it's using, and how much you used each app today (and a bunch of other stuff but that's all that's relevant here)
    11-12-10 07:24 PM
    I'm suspecting .337 hosed battery reading accuracy. All the other builds were pretty even after an initial drop. Even if battery life was worse, it was consistent. On .337, my first two days were terrible. The last three days, with pretty heavy use, I was between 60 & 75% after 16-19 hours. Today was very light & I hit 30% in 13 hours. Overall, .284 was better for me. Too lazy to deal with reinstalls & registrations to downgrade, though.
    Last edited by kraski; 11-12-10 at 08:07 PM.
    11-12-10 08:04 PM
    Every time you do a battery pull, the battery life will rapidly decrease unless you put the device on the charger after doing the battery pull and leave it on the charger until it reboots.
    Wow. Never read that before. That being said.... Mine does pretty well. On at 6am. It's now 10pm. 1 hour 30 minutes talk. 35 emails/txts. Some surfing. Phone/wifi/bluetooth all on. 50%
    I have no issue with that.

11-12-10 08:53 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD