Hey Guys...

I'm new to this forum and I needed help. I noticed that every time I reboot my phone due to deleting or upgrading an app, my OS 6.0.0 core application software gets wiped out too. Every time I plug my Torch 9800 to my desktop, it�s always telling me there is an application software update when I�ve already updated the software. It happens every single time and it�s really annoying. Is there a way this can be fixed or is it the phone that is having internal problems or something?

PS: I�ve tried uninstalling desktop manager from my laptop and reinstalled it again, I did a security wipe on my phone and updated all the software, etc all over again, but yet I�m still having the same issues. PLEASE HELP!
    08-09-11 06:00 PM
    I have the same issue, the only time it doesn't do it is when it a leak OS.
    08-09-11 06:57 PM
    It's a bug in the Desktop Manager that has been there since it was updated to 6, and has yet to be squashed even through a couple of build updates over the past year.

You have to just ignore it. Even with the last few leaked OSs that i've installed, it still does it to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mrskittens likes this.
    08-10-11 12:35 AM
    Hello,

Has anyone found a solution for this? It's terribly frustrating to have to wipe all the core apps every time I need to do one little thing

Thanks very much in advance.
    12-07-11 03:44 AM
    No solution yet until they fix the bug in the current DM.

I don't know if the problem was fixed in the leaked DM 7 beta that's out there. I have the install file, but I've yet to try to load it on my PC at home.

Actually, there is one fix - sort of. Uninstall the OS from the PC. Then DM won't see any OS on the computer to compare with whatever is on the phone and won't try to update. It will instead show you only the list of installed 3rd party apps on the phone when you hook it up.
    Last edited by joeldf; 12-07-11 at 10:48 AM.
    mrskittens likes this.
    12-07-11 10:41 AM
    Wow, that sounds like an interesting way around it!

I was realizing that between the store apps and the store sites on browsers, and some help from developers, it's pretty manageable to fix things on/to phone, and I never had a problem backing up to PC with the software and such, so I was gonna get along like that. But unlike CB/Mobihand/etc, BB's websites seem to have some major issues (which I just discovered when I had my first major problem with their app.) I think I'm gonna give your idea a try.
    12-07-11 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD