On my phone, search didn't turn up much so don't flame me for not searchig

My carrier just released 6.0.0.534 for my torch, I downloaded it and installed it last night and have had a pile of issues. My battery seems to go down 10% every 30 minutes, and I get the little loading screen a lot. I've had to do three battery pulls.

Is 534 known for being buggy? Is there a certain os version I should go with?

I had the version that came with the phone (200 something) and I wanted to upgrade because I was having battery issues, but now its way worse lol

Suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 12:20 PM
    Has the problem persisted after the battery pulls? It usually takes 3-4 battery pulls after an update to get everything back to normal. .448 seemed to have the best battery life for me. .576 was pretty decent, too. I'm on .600 and the battery life isn't quite what it was under those others. You can always install that one or any other from here:

Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    07-06-11 12:32 PM
    Also, it usually takes a few days for battery life to settle down. Initial battery life on every OS version seems to suffer, but improves over a few days.
    07-06-11 12:35 PM
    Problem is still there after 2 or 3, I noticed it's not even charging properly, when I plug it in the chargin icon comes on, and then goes out, and then comes on, and then goes out. And does this over and over in a cycle. Tried with car charger, and my wall charger on two different plugs.

Or is that the new charging icon, where the little lightning bolt flashes on and off?
    Last edited by Tyrrell117; 07-06-11 at 12:42 PM.
    07-06-11 12:39 PM
    534 is a buggy OS with huge battery drain. Stick to any official 546 release and just delete the vendor file to install it on your torch
    07-06-11 01:20 PM
    ....uncheck "enable compression" under options>device>storage and battery life will improve greatly.

I don't know that .534 was buggier than any other release, I'm on .600 and it seems fine, but I think .534 was ok too.
    07-06-11 03:11 PM
    I just installed .534 and unsurprisingly took longer than upgrading to .448 previously. This will be my second update from vanilla. After two reboot and twice battery pulled I view this update a very good one. Browsing seems no different, respons times a bit faster and one more thing that is delighted me is that my Word Mole no longer hang, yaay. (Already passed level 21...who can beat me?)

All in all I am very pleased with .534 and battery seems fine, not yet tested to max on battery but guess this is better.
    07-07-11 06:59 PM
    When I switched to 534 I was very pleased. The battery life was insanely better than 246, the browser was faster, no loading randomly. It was great.

This doesn't mean OS releases inbetween these 2 weren't better, as I never tested them.

One thing is for certain, OS 246 is terrible and I don't think I've heard anyone say otherwise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-11 08:20 PM
    Unfortunately for me the battery life is insanely insane...can't even last to twilight! This is not good ... anyway I'm going to give it another two or three days maybe it is in adjusting stage... finger cross.
    07-09-11 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD