Store charges me 50$ for housing change. I bought the housing of the torch.
    Do it at store?
    If not whats the best tutorial/video to change housing?
    thanks
    05-24-11 04:58 PM
    You can search on Youtube for plenty of videos.

You need some pretty small Torx drivers that you'll have to buy. The cost of buying the tools and the risk of doing it yourself should be weighed against the cost of paying the store.

In the end, the decision is yours.
    05-24-11 05:49 PM
    yea youtube has plenty of videos that show the housing replacement. i would never pay a shop to do it for me, let alone $50. for that much, that better include the housing plus the labor.
    05-25-11 01:51 AM
    Taking a BlackBerry apart is really very simple - all you have to do is remove small screws, remember where they go, and try not to damage the phone. Aside from that, there aren't very many parts to move or anything like that.

Keep in mind, when changing a housing, you will have to handle the LCD screen without the digitizer attached - that means the screen will be very fragile. Also, if you get any dust onto it, it'll take you ages to get it out. If you want to do this, make sure you don't do it halfway; get yourself a clean room, wear a surgical mask (to stop from breathing all over the internals), don't wear clothes with lots of hair or dust on them, and be sure to devote a good hour to this. You don't want to let it sit unattended in pieces, and you want to give yourself lots of time.

Or, if you feel like you'd rather just have a professional do it, there's always that. I'm sure you could figure it out, though!
    05-25-11 02:31 AM
    With all the risk of damaging the phone, the $50 sounds pretty reasonable. Just make sure they guarantee their work.
    05-25-11 09:02 PM
    The whole housing? Also, what kind of store are you taking it to?
    05-26-11 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD