02-28-11 01:18 AM
    Thanks for this informatic post

HTC mytouch 4g
    02-28-11 05:30 AM
    No problem - happy to help where its needed, there is a lot of mis-information going about !
    02-28-11 12:44 PM
    Yeah thanks for clearing that up DangerMouseUK, made the mistake again of taking AT&T's word for something before talking to someone who knows what they are talking about...I thought I learned that lesson long ago, d'oh!
    02-28-11 01:13 PM
    I don't have much interaction with AT&T under my belt, but in the UK its mainly and soley at the discretion of who you are talking to, my company has some very talented people working for it, and then, there are the others . . . lol
    02-28-11 03:38 PM
    Haha, well here with AT&T, there's too many of "the others" unfortunately...
    02-28-11 03:52 PM
    That sucks - normally I would try to get put through to 2nd line tech support and just get them to deal with anything - as you have a lot higher percentage chance of getting someone who knows something in that department - then again I don't know if AT&T are in the habit of transferring calls around like that. In the UK its pretty easy to get it escalated if you just say "I was just speaking to 2nd line tech support and the line disconnected" - they don't normally even ask what the call was about.

Just thank god your networks haven't started outsourcing to untrained staff abroad, thats 10x worse than untrained staff in your own country, trust me.
    02-28-11 04:13 PM
    Thanks. I just got the torch so I may be in the market for one n a year or so. Yeah, it sucks the torch can't use it. Oh well. But here's a question to the other guy. The normal bb plan is like 25 bucks for 2g of data. I upgraded to the 45 dollar plan but I still only get 2g of data. What am I getting for the extra 20 bucks?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Make sure you're not on the Enterprise Data Plan, that is for BES access and runs more $$ than BIS, the personal access plan. Unless you're accessing your email from work and they have a BES server, you don't need the Enterprise plan. Just wanted to mention it because that is often the higher-priced, $45 dollar option...
    02-28-11 04:39 PM
    Just thank god your networks haven't started outsourcing to untrained staff abroad, thats 10x worse than untrained staff in your own country, trust me.
    I don't think we're far from that when I call AT&T support for a phone issue and goes a little something like this:
    AT&T Customer Service Answer Tree Guide
    -"Did you charge it?"
    -"Well let me troubleshoot it over the phone" (This answer used for any network OR physical/cosmetic phone issue).
    -"Are you absolutely sure we can't troubleshoot the issue over the phone?"
    -1st solution: "We'll send you a new battery sir" (This solution also for any phone problem encountered).
    -2nd solution: "We can send you a replacement of the same model" (Warning: This solution step will be repeated as many times as possible).
    -Ultra-Rare 3rd solution: "We'll send you a new device of your choice" (Note: This solution only reached by threatening to cancel contract immediately; 80% success rate with this method).

I hope this helps anyone new or otherwise that needs to call AT&T in the near future.
    02-28-11 09:05 PM
    I just purchased the Torch and got information from several sources including the Description Info on the phone in the store that it can run on 4G? That was one of the selling points for me...I know 4G is gonna be limited for a while but it said it was able to receive 4G...

The Torch does not support 4G. It simply was not designed to.
    02-28-11 10:29 PM
    Ahh....well I don't do that. Thanks for explaining.

Yes, the $45 is the 2GB plan plus an extra $20 for tethering. If you're not going to tether, get them to change you to $25. No need to waste $20/month for a feature you don't use. Plus, you could buy the app Tether if you really wanted to tether.

As others have said about the 4G questions, the Torch can not do 4G. It doesn't have the radio inside for that. Part of the confusion is T-Mobile and now AT&T saying they have a 4G network when they don't (yet). Pure marketing so they sound like they're the same as Verizon or Sprint. It's all different technologies. The Torch is a 3G device only. Will never be 4G.
    02-28-11 10:53 PM
    Yes, the $45 is the 2GB plan plus an extra $20 for tethering. If you're not going to tether, get them to change you to $25. No need to waste $20/month for a feature you don't use. Plus, you could buy the app Tether if you really wanted to tether.

As others have said about the 4G questions, the Torch can not do 4G. It doesn't have the radio inside for that. Part of the confusion is T-Mobile and now AT&T saying they have a 4G network when they don't (yet). Pure marketing so they sound like they're the same as Verizon or Sprint. It's all different technologies. The Torch is a 3G device only. Will never be 4G.
    Thanks everyone. U answered my questions perfectly.

03-01-11 06:55 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD