Does anyone know why the different OS updates would work differently on different people's devices? Some people say that .448 worked better, and others say .450 worked better. What causes this?
    02-01-11 09:16 AM
    Does anyone know why the different OS updates would work differently on different people's devices? Some people say that .448 worked better, and others say .450 worked better. What causes this?
    My guess:

1. Apps and/or themes installed and being used
    2. Hybrid OS used and depending on which Hybrid OS used (if a Hybrid is installed)
    3. How the phone is used
    4. Amount of Data on the phone
    5. etc

Similar to how people have different experiences with the same car. It all depends on how they are used.

Last edited by kccman; 02-01-11 at 09:41 AM.
    02-01-11 09:39 AM
    My guess:

1. Apps and/or themes installed and being used
    2. Hybrid OS used and depending on which Hybrid OS used (if a Hybrid is installed)
    3. How the phone is used
    4. Amount of Data on the phone
    5. etc

Similar to how people have different experiences with the same car. It all depends on how they are used.

This seems to be a pretty common misunderstanding, so many people expect their device to act exactly like another device even though they have different apps and use their phone differently, etc. Battery drain and memory loss will vary from device to device, etc. YMMV
    02-01-11 09:57 AM
    Battery Life: was about the same

its been 26hrs since I charged up fully. and I still have 35% battery life left. alot of texting/browser/bbm. not much phone talk. no wifi, on 2G. (browser speed is fine)

Touch Screen: very very much improved from the original and further from the .337 I can now use the phone with just the screen 90% of the time now.

Browser: nice additions, not much from my .337 the enhanced touch makes browsing better. Speed was about the same alittle more quicker.

OS: everything is alot more snappy, no more double tapping on the screen or alot less of it.
    02-01-11 01:13 PM
    I did just notice one other difference. In .448 the charging icon would show an animated lightning bolt while charging and in .450 it is just a static image now. it still shows the plug when its fully charged.
    02-01-11 01:14 PM
    what's the Hybrid OS?
    02-01-11 01:36 PM
    IMO 448 is the way to go ....tried both and 448 feels more snappy and the GPS did not work for me on 450.

So back to 448 and everything works like a charm...
    02-01-11 02:02 PM
    Does anyone know if either one of the new OS .448 or .450 fixes the issue with Dre Beats headphones where I would be able to use th answer call feature on the headphones?
    02-01-11 02:59 PM
    I think it's the user installed apps... period.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-11 04:02 PM
    I had constant "uncaught exception" (or something like that) error messages with 450. Did a half dozen batt pulls-- no help. Went back to 337 for a day to calm my nerves, lol, and last night went to 448. so far so good with 448. Everything is smooth. Can't wait to use it today.

SO.....
    Full day with 448. On at 7am. It's now 9pm. One hour talk. A lot of email, some bbm, a lot of sms, some surfing. Cellular, wifi, and bluetooth on. All my talking (90%) on bluetooth in my car.
    I'm at 65% battary and super SUPER stable. All apps working flawlessly and gps signal fast and stable.
    My 450 experience left a bad taste in my mouth. One happy 448 customer here. :-)

02-01-11 08:17 PM
    Can anyone tell me if the OS 6 bug that doesn't let 3rd party apps run from the system menu in the browser has been fixed or not?

Thanks.
    02-01-11 08:23 PM
    Can anyone tell me if the OS 6 bug that doesn't let 3rd party apps run from the system menu in the browser has been fixed or not?

Thanks.
    Yes they do work. I use Quicklaunch and Six-Tools. Both have the option to have for example orientation lock on the system menu in the browser.

I'm assuming thats what you mean.
    Last edited by kccman; 02-01-11 at 08:38 PM.
    02-01-11 08:35 PM
    hmm... that's interesting. i have a new feature I need to test.
    send me an email at nikkisoft dot support at g mail right now if you want to try it.
    thanks

edit: also have you tried capture-it or QL Screen Capture from the browser menu ? or any other app?
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 02-01-11 at 09:18 PM.
    02-01-11 09:12 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD