I have just noticed the availability of 1930mAH batteries for the Torch 9800 on eBay, same size as the standard battery. I am currently getting approx 1.5 days out of the standard battery and wonder if can do better with the 1930mAH, but I am concerned over the safety of using them. Has anybody tried them yet ?
    06-22-11 11:06 AM
    I was looking for extended battery for my torch. Is it the original back cover is used with this battery.
    06-22-11 11:32 AM
    At $162 I think I will pass on it. Mine battery lasts a full day with Bridging and texting and all that. Though at $22 I might take a chance. I just worry about these uknown manufacturers. You could get a deal that ends up costing you a new phone because the battery ruins it. I'll wait till a reputable manufacturer like Seidio makes one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by newcollector; 06-22-11 at 01:32 PM.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-22-11 01:26 PM
    I was looking for extended battery for my torch. Is it the original back cover is used with this battery.
    Yes, you use your regular backplate.

06-22-11 01:33 PM
    At $162 I think I will pass on it. Mine battery lasts a full day with Bridging and texting and all that. Though at $22 I might take a chance. I just worry about these uknown manufacturers. You could get a deal that ends up costing you a new phone because the battery ruins it. I'll wait till a reputable manufacturer like Seidio makes one.

Wow! Yah, I'll pass on it as well for that price.
    06-22-11 11:25 PM
    Where did the $162 price come from???

It's �13 in Olde English money, and the exchange rate is not that beneficial for us here in 'Blighty!
    06-23-11 06:08 AM
    Where did the $162 price come from???
    Not sure about that either -- the OP didn't provide a link. The one I saw on ebay is $23.50: 1930MAH HIGH CAPACITY F-S1 GOLD BATTERY FOR TORCH 9800 | eBay

Still, I agree, I'm more than a little hesitant to take a chance on my Torch exploding, even for that price. Though it is interesting that you don't need a new battery door. The 2800 mAh extended batteries I've seen all give the Torch a chunky block-shaped hump on the back, and in addition to the hunchback battery door, you need this mate plate device to sync up with the original battery every time you reboot the phone. I'd rather just carry around an extra battery than go to all of that trouble.
    06-23-11 06:31 AM
    Thanks guys, I will wait for more info (and tests) on this product. I do have a spare battery but it stopped working when I returned from an overseas trip, the synk has gone and my Torch does not accept it any more. I will probably end up buying another battery with a synk tool, unless someone can tell me how to re-synk the spare battery without the tool........... Cheers
    06-23-11 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD