Global Posts
    3,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default The Z Man Free BlackBerry Themes

FREE THEME GALLERY OFFICIAL SUPPORT THREAD

FREE BLACKBERRY THEMES BY THE Z MAN

This thread is for Discussion, Help & Support surrounding themes built by The Z Man that are offered in CrackBerry.com's Free BlackBerry Theme Gallery.

Because these are free community themes for the CrackBerry community, the CrackBerry.com community will support them (we have the knowledge base here among our awesome members!) so please don't message the creator directly on it (though I'm sure The Z Man will be watching this thread and joining in on the discussion from time to time). Enjoy the themes!

The Z Man Themes Available:
    - bVersatile 1.0 for the BlackBerry Pearl
    - Vista 2.0 for the BlackBerry Pearl
    - iPhone 2.0 for the BlackBerry Pearl
    - zSpecial One for the BlackBerry Pearl
    - System Theme for the BlackBerry Pearl
    - Classy Theme for the BlackBerry Pearl
    - CorkBerry Theme for the Curve, Pearl, 8800 and 8700 Series

Stay Tuned for More Free BlackBerry Themes by The Z Man!
    CrackBerry Addict

nice theme. wish i could use it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask First

Looking through the link there are some very interesting icon usage on every one of them. Hope he keeps up the great work. This coming from a Curve user...
    Developer - Z Man Designs

Thumbs up

Kevin you rock man! I really appreciate everything you've done.

To everyone else, thank you for the continued support. This is truly something I enjoy and consider it a fun and intriguing hobby (helps me take a break from my real job some days).

I will always aim to provide the best quality product I can and I hope that you will help to me to do so. I'm always trying to raise the bar and do the "not so common" approach.

Thanks again,
    The Z Man
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    k luver

kevin please say this vista theme will be made for the curve i been looking for it for a few weeks now!

Quote Originally Posted by purpleberry218 View Post
    kevin please say this vista theme will be made for the curve i been looking for it for a few weeks now!
    I have a few more themes on my list to create for the Pearl. After that I will be recreating ALL of my themes (1 by 1) for use on the 83xx and 88xx models.

So yes, you will be able to get this theme in the very near future. I can't say how soon, but not long
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,954 Global Posts
    PIN
    502c3256

Pretty nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    k luver

ok great thanks Z man!!
    CrackBerry Master

the iPhone theme is really great & well laid out...my only problem is the text is too small for my eyesight, I changed the setting for reading the actual message, sms etc but the main menu text is just too small....i find that with a lot of themes so its not a complaint...need to update my eyes
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask First

These themes make you want to get a pearl again, but I can wait till you get around to 8310. Great job.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default corrupted zip file

I tried to download the zip files for a desktop installation and when I tried to extract the files I got error messages that said the archives were either incomplete or corrupted. Any ideas?
    CrackBerry Master

That happened to me last night so i went for the OTA option which worked perfectly...It e-mails the link straight to your device
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

Yeah, this guy is definatly good. I hope it won't be much longer before he ports these to the 88xx/83xx series phones. I look forward to helping him do some testing to get these out for everyone.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Great themes!

Quick question - is there a way to make the text larger on the menus?

Thanks again!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts

Hey, Zman! These themes are absolutely awesome!! I especially like the iphone theme.... its different from the others you find out there. I'm waiting patiently til its available for the curve 8310!

Keep rockin' those themes!
    No Signature.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Not sure what to do???

I just had the iphone theme sent to my phone and it won't load onto the theme list. I shut off the phone and everything. Can anyone help me?
    CrackBerry Master

When you say shut off the phone do you mean you just turned it off & on again ? You need to do a battery pull or soft reset.

If that doesn't work check your OS is compatable with the theme.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

I try the over the air download but how do you go to the link in an email? I get the link but I can not "click" on it to take me there.

When I try the desktop installation I get an error saying that the archive file is not valid. Any ideas?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just Ask???

Default Crafty Work...

Crafty Work Zman! Im a dedicated MAC user so you would think I wouldnt want anything to do with the Vista theme...it rocks though!!! My fave one! One question...beside the day and date...what is that little chesss like looking icon?

Quote Originally Posted by jgraffis View Post
    I tried to download the zip files for a desktop installation and when I tried to extract the files I got error messages that said the archives were either incomplete or corrupted. Any ideas?
    Which theme were you trying to install? That's a problem that I need to correct. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by cjh42080 View Post
    Great themes!

Quick question - is there a way to make the text larger on the menus?

Thanks again!
    Unfortunately there's no way to update the font size on the menus on your phone. It's something that I have to set in the theme creation. For future releases I'll keep that in mind. Thank you and sorry for the small font.

Quote Originally Posted by bpic0518 View Post
    Crafty Work Zman! Im a dedicated MAC user so you would think I wouldnt want anything to do with the Vista theme...it rocks though!!! My fave one! One question...beside the day and date...what is that little chesss like looking icon?
    That is your wireless meter

TO EVERYONE:
    Thank you for the continued support and thank you for all of the replies and responses. With all of the critiques, concerns, questions, etc. that I've been receiving, future themes are going to be awesome. I've gotten a lot of good tips and tricks and such so the next batch of themes will be great.

Thank you all for making this such a big success, and thanks again to Kevin for doing such a great job running and managing CB.

Zach "The Z Man"
  21. r3g
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    PIN
    26275A0C

great theme. i downloaded and installed it but where is it? not with the other themes -_-;
    Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant

Jawbone Prime, BlueAnt V1
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

All of you that are having issues with the themes showing up. You need to make sure you're running an OS of version 4.2 or higher on your Pearl. Also, if it doesn't show up in Themes after install and you are on the right OS version, just pull your battery.
  23. r3g
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    PIN
    26275A0C

Ya I figured it out right after I posted. All 3 themes are nice with one problem... The symbol menu lags really bad takes literally 2 seconds to respond when composing an sms or email. Is this the themes acting up or is it the phone?

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,933 Global Posts
    PIN
    7B27261B

Quote Originally Posted by thezman View Post
    I have a few more themes on my list to create for the Pearl. After that I will be recreating ALL of my themes (1 by 1) for use on the 83xx and 88xx models.

So yes, you will be able to get this theme in the very near future. I can't say how soon, but not long
    Soon Very SOON I hope =] And start with the 88XX model first!!!! Love the Vista theme!!!

Quote Originally Posted by r3g View Post
    Ya I figured it out right after I posted. All 3 themes are nice with one problem... The symbol menu lags really bad takes literally 2 seconds to respond when composing an sms or email. Is this the themes acting up or is it the phone?

The theme is just caching everything to the phone. It should run quite smoothly after everything has been fully loaded on the phone.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast