| | 12-14-09, 04:55 AM Thread Author #1
UPDATED / FREE - [ONYXia] Version 2!
Latest Version: 2.1 (Tuesday, December 15, 2009)
Important Note: After 2.1, all versions of this theme will only come in Normal and Today, with transitions. It's just too much to make 8 different versions and export to 3 different devices/OS's making it essentially 24, so it would be easier to maintain just 2 versions. If you want anything changed, I'm willing to customize the theme to your heart's content for a donation of ANY amount. I would rather do it that way than export 24 versions of a theme for every incremental update, I just don't have the time for that. Bugs, on the other hand, will be fixed immediately. Thanks for your understanding =)
Well, it's been a long time coming, and the wait is over! If you don't know the concept behind the ONYXia theme, check out this thread to get an idea. In version 2, I have taken this concept and improved it in a few ways, fixed a lot of bugs, and took most feedback into consideration - all while keeping the core functionality and simplicity of the original theme. As usual, my theme is free, but if you appreciate the quality and understand the time that goes into it, no donation is too small, please consider! My PayPal e-mail is vince-the-prince at hotmail dot com.
What's new in Version 2:
- all homescreen icons are bigger
- fixed active/incoming call silhouette bug (I hope, need some feedback on this one)
- fixed icon focus bug on first time loading the theme (except for the Today versions, but it's not a huge bug anyways)
- completely revamped the top banner
- profile icon now uses default method (meaning you can now check what profile you're on from the lock screen)
- added Manage Connections shortcut to the right side of top banner (place your Manage Connections icon in the 17th slot of the Application Menu)
- 12 main icons + 4 side icons for Folders / Options (look at the screenshot example to get an idea)
- had a lot of complaints about my preferred font size (aka super tiny), so now all fonts in the theme are user-defined!
- added Today version (calendar + messages)
- all versions come with a transition-free choice (no lag, less memory usage)
Features you should be used to from Version 1:
- simple, yet professional-looking design
- theme studio 5.0 transitions
- hidden today
- dedicated weather icon (place weather app in the last column of the third row aka. 18th slot)
- launch QuickLaunch with the space key, and launch SMS And MMS with the dollar sign key
- wallpaper-friendly homescreen
Today Version Wallpaper-Friendly
As of now, only supporting the Bold 9700, Tour 9630, and Curve 8900. More devices will come if I have the time and/or motivation.
- added coloured percentages to battery indicator: from green to turquoise to yellow to orange to red
- polished up the Today version, more room for entries horizontally, changed calendar/messages hover underlay from blue to grey
- fixed glitch that makes blocks of calendar/today disappear when switching between Profiles/Manage Connections to Weather
- changed app screen, lock screen, and calls screens to the default blue to black gradiant (I guess not too many people are diggin' the black leather on these screens)
- added No Carrier option (to alleviate the glitch noted by member: fusioncal)
Leather background courtesy of jaqx-textures: Leather black 3 by *jaqx-textures on deviantART
Thanks again to mrtolles for providing me with an OTA repository.
Click HERE to download ONYXia 2!
Once installed, don't forget to...
- battery pull
- put Manage Connections icon in 17th slot
- put your weather app of choice in 18th slot
As usual, all compliments, criticisms, bug reports, etc are welcome!
Important Note: ONYXia 1 and 2 were my first two themes ever and the time has come for me to move on. I'm am so glad and surprised to hear this is still a favourite theme to many people. However, I will no longer be taking requests for customizations. In order to show my appreciation for everyone's kind words and feedback, I feel I can make a contribution to the community by releasing the source files. This will include the theme builder file, composer file, and the image files. Hopefully they will be of some use to some of you, especially those who are just starting out. You may even customize them and post them online, all I ask is for some recognition and also a link to my website ThemeMyBerry.com!
Click HERE for the source files.