** Read This First: Theme Posting Guidelines updated 12/02/11 **
04-27-12 03:27 PM
- As our CrackBerry community continues to grow, we are seeing more and more great themes everyday. We'd like to achieve a universal format for posting themes so they are easier to locate. In order to keep things organized, please use the following guidelines when posting your themes to share with others.
In addition, there are certain rules for posting links that must be adhered to. Please see below.
- There are sub-forums for each device for posting themes. Please try to keep your posts in the correct sub forum. If you post one thread which contains links to a theme for multiple devices, it may be posted in the main forum. However for device specific items, please try to place them in the correct sub-forum.
- Please note in the thread if the icons are customizable or docked, note OTA/Desktop download, and post screenshots.
- Themes must state either Free or Paid in the thread title. - This will help to separate the themes and make them easier for all users to navigate.
Suggested format for thread titles:
Free/Premium - Title - Style - Device - OS Version
Free Crackberry Abuser Theme Bottom Zen 87xx/88xx/83xx 4.2+
Premium Glass X Theme - Today Plus - 83xx - 4.5 Only
- The themes listed in this forum must be free themes for the community, or paid themes already listed in the CrackBerry store. (See below)
- Do not post links to download themes that don't belong to you. Especially don't post links to download premium themes for free. This is against forum rules and will result in threads being deleted and possible disciplinary action.
- Do not post screenshots for a theme and then request that people PM you to buy or download it. (The only exception would be if you are a developer looking for testers.) Trying to circumvent the forum rules will also result in threads being deleted and possible disciplinary action.
Free themes - Direct download links (either OTA or Desktop) must be provided and may not link to external sites. If hosted on an external site, the link must go direct to the theme file (.jad or .zip) and users must not be required to register in order to download
Paid Themes - You must post a link to your theme in the BlackBerry App World or the CrackBerry store. No themes may be offered for sale from your personal site through these forums, as it violates the No Advertising Policy* of our Terms of Service. This includes any free-trials or "donation" themes.
The only links in your post should be either an OTA link to the download, a link to BlackBerry App World or a CrackBerry Store link to purchase.[/info]
The moderators of these forums will be editing threads and/or thread titles to meet these guidelines. Anyone posting threads offering themes for sale from external sites will be contacted and given a chance to fix the errors. If poster is unwilling or unable to comply, the threads will be removed. Please remember that there are only a handful of mods and currently over 29k threads in the theme forums alone. If you see postings that don't follow the rules, please report them. Working together we can make the forums better.
*No Advertising Policy*
CrackBerry.com maintains a No Advertising policy in the forums. Individuals/Businesses may not make posts promoting the sale of their own Products (Accessories, Services, Software, Themes, etc.) within the forums. Traffic Leaching is strictly prohibited.[/warn]
Last edited by phishgirl3; 01-09-11 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Updates and clarification10-10-08 09:58 AMLike 1
- I just tried to sign up for Mobihand and it's asking for a website address and it has an asterisk beside it meaning that you have to put something in there... do we put Crackberry.com there??
For now I put my own website addy but it has nothing to do with Blackberry themes... so I don't know if they will accept my application or not??02-21-09 07:50 PM
- Can someone please help me with Mobihand? I'd like to create some for sale themes and I tried to sign up at MobiHand, but the response I received from them sounded like I needed to have my own website, and have the themes already finished. Can I use crackberry.com as the website? And is there a way to set up an account so I can add products as I go? I'd like to create some themes for crackberry.com store... but this is a bit frustrating. I don't have a website of my own.03-11-09 08:57 AM
- Can someone please help me with Mobihand? I'd like to create some for sale themes and I tried to sign up at MobiHand, but the response I received from them sounded like I needed to have my own website, and have the themes already finished. Can I use crackberry.com as the website? And is there a way to set up an account so I can add products as I go? I'd like to create some themes for crackberry.com store... but this is a bit frustrating. I don't have a website of my own.03-28-09 12:50 PM
- 07-05-09 10:58 PM
- This was the fist message I came to after a very long day of searching for an answer. I purchased a theme, paid with my paypal account, and it told me to wait 24 hours for an email with my link to download my theme. It has now been well over 24 hours and I have recieved nothing. Is there something I need to do???08-29-09 08:44 PM
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com09-05-09 02:38 AM
- "Themes must state either Free or Premium in the thread title. This will help to separate the themes and make them easier for all users to navigate."
This was a great idea that Adam posted in 2008, however, enforcing this rule has failed miserably. There are many theme builders that follow this rule, and I commend them for their diligence.
However, there are many theme builders that don't follow this rule, and since enforcement has waned the problem is rampant.
I challenge the mods of this site to regain control of the BlackBerry Themes section and enforce all the posting guidelines that Adam updated in the sticky.
As mentioned, the ability to post on this site is a privilege, not a right.02-17-10 07:46 AM
- This thread should be stickied at the top of each page of each blackberry model. A person who posts themes, more than likely goes directly to the the thread of model of the blackberry for which he/she will be posting a theme. They never really access the general theme page; therefore missing this valuable piece of information.12-09-10 03:31 PM
- I'm wondering just HOW MANY posters STICK to these guidelines???...OR even READ them...this part MORE then ANY other is ALWAYS violated;...For free themes, direct download links (either OTA or Desktop) must be provided and may not link to external sites.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com12-14-10 04:19 AM
@mcaples: just curious why this bothers you so much. Just on principle?
When these rules were written, there weren't nearly as many themers with sites/blogs full of free themes as there are now. Depending on the site, sometimes it's great to go there for your DL and find some other hidden gems or forgotten favourites too.
I don't click a link without seeing what it is, but I know a lot of people do, and it must be frustrating to go to another site when you were expecting the DL screen.
I'm NOT attacking your post or opinion. I'm just curious as to your reasons, as maybe I haven't thought of all the reasons why external links to theme sites for DL could be bad.12-20-10 02:13 PM
- Rules are rules...NOT suggestions...LINES AS TO WHICH FOLKS ARE GUIDED...rules are NOT meant to be broken...they're RULES...haven't we had enough of the chaos people...I KNOW its only "crackberry themes, dude chill out"...but we gotta start somewhere...I've been online and in chat/forum groups for 10 years and I'm just TIRED of BAD APPLES!!!...rules are rules...in this sailors opinion
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Last edited by mcaples; 01-03-11 at 04:53 AM.01-03-11 04:47 AMLike 1
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More for your BBOS Phone!
- BlackBerry Themes
** Read This First: Theme Posting Guidelines updated 12/02/11 **
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD