Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,126 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default ** Read This First: Theme Posting Guidelines updated 12/02/11 **

As our CrackBerry community continues to grow, we are seeing more and more great themes everyday. We'd like to achieve a universal format for posting themes so they are easier to locate. In order to keep things organized, please use the following guidelines when posting your themes to share with others.
    In addition, there are certain rules for posting links that must be adhered to. Please see below.

POSTING THREADS:
    • There are sub-forums for each device for posting themes. Please try to keep your posts in the correct sub forum. If you post one thread which contains links to a theme for multiple devices, it may be posted in the main forum. However for device specific items, please try to place them in the correct sub-forum.

• Please note in the thread if the icons are customizable or docked, note OTA/Desktop download, and post screenshots.

• Themes must state either Free or Paid in the thread title. - This will help to separate the themes and make them easier for all users to navigate.

Suggested format for thread titles:

Free/Premium - Title - Style - Device - OS Version

Example:
    Free Crackberry Abuser Theme Bottom Zen 87xx/88xx/83xx 4.2+
    Premium Glass X Theme - Today Plus - 83xx - 4.5 Only

• The themes listed in this forum must be free themes for the community, or paid themes already listed in the CrackBerry store. (See below)

• Do not post links to download themes that don't belong to you. Especially don't post links to download premium themes for free. This is against forum rules and will result in threads being deleted and possible disciplinary action.

• Do not post screenshots for a theme and then request that people PM you to buy or download it. (The only exception would be if you are a developer looking for testers.) Trying to circumvent the forum rules will also result in threads being deleted and possible disciplinary action.

LINKS:

Free themes
    - Direct download links (either OTA or Desktop) must be provided and may not link to external sites. If hosted on an external site, the link must go direct to the theme file (.jad or .zip) and users must not be required to register in order to download

Paid Themes
    - You must post a link to your theme in the BlackBerry App World or the CrackBerry store. No themes may be offered for sale from your personal site through these forums, as it violates the No Advertising Policy* of our Terms of Service. This includes any free-trials or "donation" themes.

The only links in your post should be either an OTA link to the download, a link to BlackBerry App World or a CrackBerry Store link to purchase.

The moderators of these forums will be editing threads and/or thread titles to meet these guidelines. Anyone posting threads offering themes for sale from external sites will be contacted and given a chance to fix the errors. If poster is unwilling or unable to comply, the threads will be removed. Please remember that there are only a handful of mods and currently over 29k threads in the theme forums alone. If you see postings that don't follow the rules, please report them. Working together we can make the forums better.

*No Advertising Policy*

CrackBerry.com maintains a No Advertising policy in the forums. Individuals/Businesses may not make posts promoting the sale of their own Products (Accessories, Services, Software, Themes, etc.) within the forums. Traffic Leaching is strictly prohibited.
    Last edited by phishgirl3; 01-09-2011 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Updates and clarification
    Thanked by:
    arsenalsocal (01-09-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,030 Global Posts

Thanks. This will be extremely helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    30C2A162

Very very helpful

CrackBerry Newbie

Themes should be posted under tag.alx, this is easy to load to devices.
    Vote for MOD
  5. ngc
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

thanks!!! about to post my first theme!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    PIN
    G! (Just Ask)

I just tried to sign up for Mobihand and it's asking for a website address and it has an asterisk beside it meaning that you have to put something in there... do we put Crackberry.com there??

For now I put my own website addy but it has nothing to do with Blackberry themes... so I don't know if they will accept my application or not??
    "I burn all bridges left behind me... that way there is nowhere to go but forward!" ~ Unknown
    CrackBerry User

i was about to load a file which was a .jad and only 3kb which really caught my eye ... is that a virus or can i try it, its the windows theme.
    Corey
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    PIN
    G! (Just Ask)

Can someone please help me with Mobihand? I'd like to create some for sale themes and I tried to sign up at MobiHand, but the response I received from them sounded like I needed to have my own website, and have the themes already finished. Can I use crackberry.com as the website? And is there a way to set up an account so I can add products as I go? I'd like to create some themes for crackberry.com store... but this is a bit frustrating. I don't have a website of my own.
    "I burn all bridges left behind me... that way there is nowhere to go but forward!" ~ Unknown
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,126 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Synergie View Post
    Can someone please help me with Mobihand? I'd like to create some for sale themes and I tried to sign up at MobiHand, but the response I received from them sounded like I needed to have my own website, and have the themes already finished. Can I use crackberry.com as the website? And is there a way to set up an account so I can add products as I go? I'd like to create some themes for crackberry.com store... but this is a bit frustrating. I don't have a website of my own.
    This post will help you get started: List your Free and Paid Apps in the CrackBerry App Stores! | CrackBerry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks. This will be extremely helpful.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Now if only people posting could follow these simple rules, the crackberry world would run much smoother...Thank you for posting these, and I hope more people learn to read..lmao...
    Check out my FREE Theme:
    Free BBPADD Theme

Check out my SVG Samples and Tutorials:
    SVG Samples and Tutorials
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,249 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weldmonkey View Post
    Now if only people posting could follow these simple rules, the crackberry world would run much smoother...Thank you for posting these, and I hope more people learn to read..lmao...
    yeah, i can't stand when members sell things on these forums.
    CrackBerry User

NGC;

How did you go about creating your first theme?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am really new here I would pay someone to make me a Mistress LaDonna today plus theme in pink I have a BB curve 8330 OS is 4.5
    Thank You , LaDonna
    CrackBerry User

How do i post a theme for OTA.. Where do I sign up?
    CrackBerry Newbie

This was the fist message I came to after a very long day of searching for an answer. I purchased a theme, paid with my paypal account, and it told me to wait 24 hours for an email with my link to download my theme. It has now been well over 24 hours and I have recieved nothing. Is there something I need to do???
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just Ask Me ;)

Quote Originally Posted by kekukui View Post
    I agree, how to post a theme for OTA, I recently build a themes, and its free, but I can't figure it out to post my theme for OTA, so user can directly dw my themes. Please help. I would love to share my themes for everyone that's use curve 83xx.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts

Cheers for this info
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Running JellyBean 4.3 - Playbook 64GB Running 2.1.0.1753
    Give me a drink, some Bacardi, gimme the decks and i'll Rock the Party.
    CrackBerry User

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Thumbs up

"Themes must state either Free or Premium in the thread title. This will help to separate the themes and make them easier for all users to navigate."

This was a great idea that Adam posted in 2008, however, enforcing this rule has failed miserably. There are many theme builders that follow this rule, and I commend them for their diligence.

However, there are many theme builders that don't follow this rule, and since enforcement has waned the problem is rampant.

I challenge the mods of this site to regain control of the BlackBerry Themes section and enforce all the posting guidelines that Adam updated in the sticky.

As mentioned, the ability to post on this site is a privilege, not a right.
    Big Old Dog

www.finsanto.com
    CrackBerry User

Thanks for the helpful information!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    a small, slender, often pointed piece of wood, metal, etc used to fasten, support, or attach things.

This thread should be stickied at the top of each page of each blackberry model. A person who posts themes, more than likely goes directly to the the thread of model of the blackberry for which he/she will be posting a theme. They never really access the general theme page; therefore missing this valuable piece of information.
    No longer a theme maker
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    642 Global Posts

I'm wondering just HOW MANY posters STICK to these guidelines???...OR even READ them...this part MORE then ANY other is ALWAYS violated;...For free themes, direct download links (either OTA or Desktop) must be provided and may not link to external sites.

Global Posts
    13,838 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Quote Originally Posted by mcaples View Post
    I'm wondering just HOW MANY posters STICK to these guidelines???...OR even READ them...this part MORE then ANY other is ALWAYS violated;...For free themes, direct download links (either OTA or Desktop) must be provided and may not link to external sites.
    Hmm, I had no idea that was a guideline. Yes, this is definitely breached somewhat often. I think that most free themes are listed in a compliant way.

@mcaples: just curious why this bothers you so much. Just on principle?
    When these rules were written, there weren't nearly as many themers with sites/blogs full of free themes as there are now. Depending on the site, sometimes it's great to go there for your DL and find some other hidden gems or forgotten favourites too.
    I don't click a link without seeing what it is, but I know a lot of people do, and it must be frustrating to go to another site when you were expecting the DL screen.

I'm NOT attacking your post or opinion. I'm just curious as to your reasons, as maybe I haven't thought of all the reasons why external links to theme sites for DL could be bad.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    642 Global Posts

Rules are rules...NOT suggestions...LINES AS TO WHICH FOLKS ARE GUIDED...rules are NOT meant to be broken...they're RULES...haven't we had enough of the chaos people...I KNOW its only "crackberry themes, dude chill out"...but we gotta start somewhere...I've been online and in chat/forum groups for 10 years and I'm just TIRED of BAD APPLES!!!...rules are rules...in this sailors opinion

Last edited by mcaples; 01-03-2011 at 05:53 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Michelle Haag (01-09-2011) 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast