Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Please Help! Theme Problems

Ok, i was sent a theme via email in a zipfile form, i downloaded it onto my laptop, how can i get it from my computer to my blackberry 9630? ive tried using the desktop manager but it cant download a whole folder and it says it cannot read the files for some reason. Also the files are .jad, which im not familiar with. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,046 Global Posts

If the files indside the zip are jad and cod, here a way you can install it:

On your pc unzip the folder

Plug in your BB (mass storage mode so you can access your media card) and transfer the entire folder(unzipped folder) to the media card.

Unplug your berry and go into the folder on the media card

Click the .jad file and your theme will install
    Many thanks, downloads and dollars to all the developers out there!!!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by 9of13 View Post

Plug in your BB (mass storage mode so you can access your media card) and transfer the entire folder(unzipped folder) to the media card.

ok, but how do i trnafer the whole file over, i cant figure that part out, it will only do a file at a time, then it says it cannot read the file.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,046 Global Posts

Dont use desktop manager. Plug in your phone and youll see a pop up on your phone for "charge only", "Usb Drive" and a third. Select "USB Drive".

Now on your pc a widow will pop up. Select "explore folder" or something similar. When the window fully opens just click and drag the whole unzipped folder.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by 9of13 View Post

when i plug my bb in all that i see popping up safely remove hardware, i cant find what your explaining.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,046 Global Posts

on your BB youll see the pop up to select between charge only and USB mode. If this pop up does not apear, go into your phone settings, Look for media card or memory and select "Mass storage mode" Then Begin from the instructions above
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,533 Global Posts

if you still can't get it, unzip the .jad and .cod files, and email them to your device as an attachement. SAVE the attachements to your blackberry (don't open, yet) once they are bothsaved to your device, then goto the files and run them from your BB
    T Brenn | tbrennan@crackberry.com
    BB Q10 | Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

Or you could download BBSAK from RIMGeeks & use that to install those cods.

The method above where you save that unzipped folder to your sd card works great provided there is a .jad file included. If there is not you will need to get BBSAK and us that to install the .cods

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com