CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to make TodayPlus themes...

I'm working with Plazmic 4.6 and trying to make a Today Plus theme for my 8820. More specifically, I want to create a Today Plus where you have the Today on one screen and then you scroll the trackball right to get a right-side Dock/Zen screen, a la BB Dimension Today Plus. Example: the Rolling Stones Today Plus that was posted here a few weeks ago.

I've asked in the Theme Developer's Forum, but so far I've gotten some 30 looks but no responses.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

take a look at the samples in 4.6. There is a folder called Custom, and a sample TodayPlus type theme. Hope that helped!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Here is a link to the Stones Plus Theme but it doesn't look like what you are describing.

Tim

rolling-stones-today-plus
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,435 Global Posts

The answer is that bplay and RIM use a version of Plazmic that is not released to the public. V4.6 is a big step allowing use to make custom themes with user selectable icons and animated backgrounds, but they still have not given us the full monty to do the today plus style you mentioned or themes like the crossbar theme. That the answer you were looking for?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    PIN
    G! (Just Ask)

I thought that Cross bar et al were all made making use of the SVG features?? Thats why now that Plazmic 4.6 is officially available, there are other next gen themes showing up.... like drop down or pop up menus, sideways flicky menus etc. I assumed (of course I could be wrong) that Bplay had Plazmic 4.6 before the rest of us.... and thats why they had those themes out first?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,435 Global Posts

I could be wrong.....haven't messed with the svg stuff yet......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

Like I said...look at the theme samples that Plazmic provided...under Custom...there is a TodayPlus theme there that uses SVG..and the icons pop up from the bottom..
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    333B742D

There are SVG's of the Today+ and Crossbar in the samples for composer....but they aren't already to go with anytheme, you'll have to modify them to work with your theme

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,914 Global Posts

This sounds very interesting... I just downloaded 4.6 and started working on a couple personal tests with this, but I have not looked into this yet. I guess I've got some checking of my own to do tonight.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,435 Global Posts

Guess my lazy self nees to look through the samples!

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

My apologies for the bad example on the Rolling Stones Today Plus. That one is basically where I am at now with my theme.

Guess I'll have to play with the samples. Though the Today Plus that it has in 4.6 is made for the Bold, so I'll have to play with it and figure out ohow to adapt it to my 8820.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Collins521 View Post
    There are SVG's of the Today+ and Crossbar in the samples for composer....but they aren't already to go with anytheme, you'll have to modify them to work with your theme
    What CDK version are these samples installed with. I don't have any svg files .

D-Rog
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    333B742D

The official 4.6 CDK

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,435 Global Posts

That explains why I hadn't seen them! I am still on the beta as the official is a pain to download. Mine apparently failed at 198 of 199MB.......
    CrackBerry User

Thanks Collins! Always a day late and a dollar short...

D-Rog
    (who is finally downloading the official 4.6 release)
    CrackBerry User

one question I have about 4.6 that I can't seem to find an answer for is about fonts. I want to keep the default Bold font (BBAlphaSans) for the theme I create, but it's not available in the drop down list. Yet, others are able to successfully create 4.6 themes with the default font... any ideas?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Collins521 View Post

do you know how you modify them? cuz when I scale down the today theme for the curve, it doesn't hide automatically, it just shows the grey bar across the bottom behind the icons. Is there something getting lost in the export or is it more than just that? Same goes for when I scale down the crossbar theme.