Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By NoAhB0Dy
  • 1 Post By Laniadoje
  • 1 Post By NoAhB0Dy
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24E66C48
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Adorno Themes

Ok so I got burned by one of these Adorno themes (Cross i7) for my Bold 9900. I am pretty pissed, not because of $4, but because of all the $4 they get for ripping people off with bogus themes. I purchase this theme and get "Elegant i7" instead which is totally not compatible with my device.
    2nd, do a theme search for top rated and the entire list of top rated themes are all for Adorno themes with 5 star ratings.
    How do they get away with this?
    Who do we talk to to get this fixed?

This really sucks for legit theme vendors because people are getting sucked into buying things that they expect to be legit because they assume they're buying from a controlled environment and they're missing out on the business.

Thoughts?
    Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: Adorno Themes

This has been mentioned a few times.....many users have had the same issue including myself, yet they continue to allow it to happen....I wonder if RIM just doesn't care because they are getting a percentage also....just a thought.....throw in pixel dreams also.....no one will receive a refund but maybe they will stop the nonsense.....
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24E66C48
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thing is, "RIM ecommerce" gets the money if you pay with paypal. Being that the vendor's domain is lapsed, where is RIM sending the payment?

Also, how the do they get away with the ratings fixing? I posted my own review which had negative comments and guess what....it's gone now! I can't see it in app world or even on web version. How does that work?

I call bull!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    778 Global Posts
    PIN
    75E06EB6

i think the majority of reviews for Adorno are coming from the older OS's which the themes work properly on and probably from some fake reviews too, i nearly got burned by them too with the panoram theme
    I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
    I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24E66C48
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

No way...this is just a scam. They know they can get away with it because paypal has no recourse for intangible items. If you post a negative review, it gets removed from the list and you can't re-revieiw it. This is a load of BS. PayPal gave me my money back but only because they were being nice. I told them I didn't care about the stupid $4.19 because it is the principle. People are getting ripped off and there is no recourse. RIM does not respond to emails and the there is no way to contact the vendor.

Man I'm pissed about this. Fact that people are getting ripped off and there's nothing that can be done just makes me angry.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24E66C48
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Well it seems my venting on twitter got me a bit further. @BlackBerryHelp finally decided to reply and gave me the address to their "Exception Case Support" form. For those that want it, here it is: https://www.blackberry.com/technical....do?ft=generic (seems a little secretive if you ask me!)

Anyway, filled out the form and got not 1 but 2 replies to 2 of my email addresses (not sure how they got the 2nd) indicating that they would refund and investigate.

I created a long winded reply indicating that it was not the money (and told them paypal cleaned up their - RIM's - mess) but the fact that I feel scammed and that it was so difficult to find a support channel for this stuff.

Hopefully others will get some value out of this post.
    Thanked by:
    vlittle13 (04-06-2013) 
    vlittle13 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    215BCD04

adorno has me fooled also.. and I can not contact them. I find this very cruel of them.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ask

Got suckered today! Is there anyway we can post a warning somewhere to let others know? I've never had this issue with Android or Windows! RIM needs to get their butts in gear on this end or they will lose out! So Angry!

Update:
    Requested a refund.
    Last edited by TheGonka95; 02-16-2013 at 10:42 PM.
    CrackBerry User

I so agree with everyone here. My second rip off from these people. Who the heck is support@onlybestberry.com that continues to kick back e-mails.
    CrackBerry User

I just completed this and hope something happens. Thanks for the info
    CrackBerry User

The inaccurate descriptions of these themes is such a scam!
    What would I do with out my BB?!?!
    vlittle13 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24E66C48
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Laniadoje View Post
    The inaccurate descriptions of these themes is such a scam!
    No kidding...and funny how all the reviews are 5 stars and one-word-worship!
    vlittle13 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Well I have been in contact with RIM to see why they won't remove this vendor from AppWorld with all the complaints and the inability to reach the vendor via their support e-mail. I was told to contact the vendor and no answer to my question about removing the vendor. Isn't it funny that you can't reach Adorno direct?