Hallo everybody,

first this should not be a post to blame on shop blackberry but I have major issues with them.

Here is my story:
    I bought a Q10 from Shop Blackberry. Delivered and worked 2 weeks but the phone had the self rebooting issue. So I tried to contact Shop Blackberry after 1,5 month of usage for support. The result was that they have responded and say the phone is older than 1 month and therefore there is no support anymore. Also my pressure that inside of the EU every device have a warranty of min. 6 months has not helped. After that I have searched on the blackberry site a couple of hours and found a support site for devices. Fill out the form - the support contacted me and send me a box for repair. The repair than took at least 3 month !!!. After getting back my phone the assembling was viewable not right done and the reboot issue was getting even worth. Contacting again Shop Blackberry came up with the same answer that there is no support after 1 month. At that point I was short to give all the facts to my lawyer and wrote them that. The response was not getting better. I have now not contacted my lawyer because the costs were higher than a new phone. The only thing I can do is warning from buying anything from Shop Blackberry.

After 6 month I have now a Q10 sitting on my table which I cannot use and there is no support from shop Blackberry and no support from Blackberry directly. I had a damaged Q5 which I have bought on Amazon. Inside of 2 weeks I had a new phone from them. This is support I would like to have.

From my view I can only say please do not buy any stuff from Shop Blackberry because they have no support and they are ignoring laws inside of the EU.

I will now try again to find the device support side from Blackberry and send the phone to repair but my hope is low and my sister has now switched to the iPhone because this phone is not rebooting itself.

cheers,
    Clemens
    07-13-15 06:13 AM
    Unfortunately negative experiences have become more frequent based on what I'm reading. Sorry for the mess your dealing with, I hope it gets sorted

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    07-13-15 09:04 AM
    That's BlackBerry for ya! Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 11:51 AM
    Sorry to hear that that's why I always buy my phone With a carrier

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 07:11 PM
    Wow, I'm sorry that happened to you! But what did Shop BlackBerry do that was wrong? You contacted them after their warranty period.
    07-23-15 07:57 AM
    bad luck.
    07-28-15 09:41 AM
    It's a shame your device is not functioning properly and I feel for you, but as for shopblackberry, their support is for 30 days and no longer. You can purchase insurance directly from BlackBerry if you purchase new from shopblackberry for around $5/month which would cover basically anything except lost/stolen devices as far as I'm aware.

There have been a few bad experiences posted about shopblackberry, but my experiences have always been above and beyond. I've purchased (for myself and family) a few Z10s, a few Z30s, and a few Passports. I bought the Passport on launch for full price and ended up getting a refund from shopblackberry bringing the price to $449 brand new. They also gave me $100 off my red Passport bringing that to $499. These purchases were back in September and November for the red. Didn't hassle them, just called and asked if they could apply the coupon code and other discount some were getting and received my refund the next business day (called on a Saturday).

I always immediately check for hardware defects then run BBVE when I get the device. With around 10 devices purchased, I haven't had an issue. Will continue to buy from shopblackberry as I prefer unlocked devices direct from BlackBerry especially if their pricing is better than Amazon's at the time.

Anyway, I'm not discounting your experience, but they are only required to support the device for 30 days. Some have had luck escalating the issue directly to BlackBerry and insurance is now offered for new unlocked BlackBerry devices. No need to overpay through a carrier or sign any contracts in my opinion. If I do have a poor experience with them within the 30 day window, I would not purchase from them either.

Hopefully whatever you decide to do makes you happy in the end. After all... it is just a phone. Appreciate you sharing your experience though as that's what these forums are all about. I doubt you would get far with a lawyer and wouldn't be worth the cost as you wrote. You also wrote that your device was repaired, but still came back defective? I'm surprised that you were supported after the first month, but if escalated BlackBerry will help.

Total opposite experiences though. Sometimes the approach you take and first impression matters the most. If I worked at shopblackberry and was told that by a customer out of warranty that they were getting a lawyer I'd likely hang up and laugh without trying to be helpful. I find it better to approach customer service issues with anything in a positive, friendly manner (not saying that you didn't). Just a general thought that's always worked out well for me. Also know the limitations of your warranty.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with your laws and if they'd apply to shopblackberry depending on what country the purchase was from. Good luck with your next device. At this point it's an opportunity to get something newer/better. Glass half-full :-)

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 10:48 AM
    I believe he did contact them within the warranty period but they dragged their heels for 3 months on purpose. This what I am reading anyways. What I dont understand is what ever happened to the lawyer? I guess it wasnt worth the litigation costs. I think DR should be sued jointly by everyone, perhaps as they say a class action suit. You just need a leader to get the ball rolling. Perhaps a lawyer willing to get paid from the proceeds or a newly qualified lawyer looking to get his feet wet!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-30-15 10:56 AM
    I believe he did contact them within the warranty period but they dragged their heels for 3 months on purpose. This what I am reading anyways. What I dont understand is what ever happened to the lawyer? I guess it wasnt worth the litigation costs. I think DR should be sued jointly by everyone, perhaps as they say a class action suit. You just need a leader to get the ball rolling. Perhaps a lawyer willing to get paid from the proceeds or a newly qualified lawyer looking to get his feet wet!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    From the original post...

"I bought a Q10 from Shop Blackberry. Delivered and worked 2 weeks but the phone had the self rebooting issue. So I tried to contact Shop Blackberry after 1,5 month of usage for support."

Also, I interpreted that the OP went on the BlackBerry website and was able to get support and send the device for repair. It was not repaired as per the OP upon return. None of this was through shopblackberry yet the OP called shopblackberry again even though they had nothing to do with the repair and was again told the support for the device is for the first 30 days.

Apparently the OP either thought about proceeding with a lawyer or tried, but the cost was too high. Honestly, I don't see where shopblackberry is at fault as they stated that they do not support the device after their 30 day warranty period. Doesn't seem they did anything wrong.

Also worth noting it is just Digital River that operates under the name shopblackberry for BlackBerry devices. They also sell other products and offer the same support as they would a BlackBerry device. If it is out of warranty, there isn't anything they're obliged to do.

If I were the OP, I would have either contacted them within the warranty period or be "angry" with BlackBerry (if it was BlackBerry that took the device in for repair, spent 3 months on it, then returned it without fixing the issue). This is assuming that this was escalated to BlackBerry Support and they took in the device as any new BlackBerry should have a one year factory warranty.

Maybe the OP will clarify, but Digital River did their job and support through 30 days then it is on BlackBerry for any manufacturing defects to be resolved within the first year, not shopblackberry. If this is all the case, I'd say good luck trying to take a lawyer against BlackBerry (not shopblackberry). I'm sure their warranty fine print covers this and their legal team is phenomenal.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 08:10 AM
    From Mexico. I bought two passports, three Classic, one Colbalt went back due toolbelt part wast twisted.

I expect refund. By now I have no complains so is not a general situation maybe.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 07:56 PM