Hi guys anybody having issue's with DM after new os update for playbook ??? apart from me lol !!!
    DM does not find PB and just says connecting for ages !!
    04-17-12 06:00 PM
    Hi guys anybody having issue's with DM after new os update for playbook ??? apart from me lol !!!
    Had that issue w/ 2.0 had to find instruction on this board to debrick/hard reset.... pressing both volume buttons and power button at the same time.....

So mine is downloading via DM we'll see in the morning.....good luck and hope your hard reset works.
    04-17-12 11:32 PM
    My says connected by can't access the media files.

works fine before the upgrade and not DM reports that my PB OS is 0.0 bundle 0

I even upgraded DM to 7 beta and still have the same problem.
    04-17-12 11:50 PM
    Delete the device in DM nd try again
    04-18-12 12:06 AM
    Delete the device in DM nd try again
    You mean Forget device? there is no delete item in DM.

this is what DM shows for my PB.
    Last edited by Smiley88; 04-18-12 at 12:13 AM.
    04-18-12 12:10 AM
    this is what DM shows for my PB. Battery is about 30% and yet it says 0%

See screen shot.
    04-18-12 12:14 AM
    Yes i ment forget
    04-18-12 12:25 AM
    Yes i ment forget
    tried and the same problem. DM doesn't appear to be connecting to the PB at all.
    04-18-12 12:36 AM
    Did u try the hard reset thing?
    04-18-12 01:00 AM
    Even my Playbook was not connecting.. I checked the Desktop Manager for updates but it said none were abvailable..
    Then I noticed (My auto play is disabled so it never pops up) that the Playbook mounted as a CD drive and had a setup file for new drivers i guess..
    Installed then.. Restarted and it works fine now..
    Hope that helps..
    04-18-12 09:14 AM
    make sure you enable media setup up when DM starts !!! now working so you can drag and drop files
    04-18-12 10:03 AM
    I'm having this problem as well. When I connect the PB to my PC via USB, nothing happens. I've already run the driver setup that popped up the first time I connected after the OS update.

The Device Manager shows the PB is connected, but I can't drag and drop or anything. Desktop Manager shows the PB is connected, but says it needs to update OS and tells me I need to reset my PB.

I've done the hard reset, forget device, etc.

Desktop manager is currently allowing me to update, I'll report back when it's done.
    04-19-12 04:12 PM
    Updated, and...nothing. Still tells me I need to update. Still unable to add media to the device.
    04-19-12 05:32 PM
    Same here. I previously managed files through windows explorer. When I connected after the 2.0.1 update it didn't show pb as z: drive. Instead it showed the device driver folder. I installed drivers. Still doesn't show. DM recognizes the device but media transfer says device is not compatible. I have done hard reset. PLEASE HELP! I'm and
    04-19-12 09:52 PM
    Had the same problem on the laptop. I completely removed DM and reinstalled the latest beta and then connected and allowed the playbook to update the drivers. Rebooted both the PC and the Playbook and everything worked fine.
    04-19-12 09:59 PM
    Same problem. I've tried uninstalling DM, reinstalling, reinstalling 2.0.1.358, forgetting device, ... no luck. Playbook no longer connects to computer; files cannot be moved back and forth, and music cannot be loaded onto the device. In short, a good chunk of the functionality is now gone. And they call this an "update".

Unbelievable. Don't those idiots in Waterloo test this stuff before releasing it?
    dabance likes this.
    04-19-12 11:11 PM
    There are two other posts that are related to this problem:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...torage-718013/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nymore-717970/

Different symptoms - but the outcome is the same.
    04-20-12 09:43 AM
    Everything you have indicated is happening to me.

The only question I have is if the PC is a windows XP?

I have not tried on any other OS. But did everything - with the exception of doing a security wipe on the PB. (Why do I need to delete everything (data, docs, pictures, videos) after an upgrade.) Besides until this problem is fixed I can't backup anyways.
    04-20-12 09:46 AM
  19. jimandpatwoodward@hotmail.com's Avatar
    My says connected by can't access the media files.

works fine before the upgrade and not DM reports that my PB OS is 0.0 bundle 0

I even upgraded DM to 7 beta and still have the same problem.
    I am having the same problem. The DM keeps showing the OS is 0.0 bundle 0 and indicating an upgrade is available. My setting on the Playbook indicates the software is upgraded.
    04-20-12 06:47 PM
    After updating the O.S you must also update PB drivers.

1/ Execute a second upgrade test (in the PB settings : check for updates) : you might receive (I did) an extra update of around 18 MB.

Then:
    1/ Turn off DM
    2/ Plug your PB, you should be prompted "PB drivers must be updated" (or so - translated)
    3/ Follow instructions
    if not working
    Look into "My desktop" you should find a BB icon described as a CD drive. Click on it and launch DeviceManager setup.

Should do the trick.
    Hope it helps, let us know.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-21-12 at 06:50 AM.
    04-21-12 06:48 AM
    After updating the O.S you must also update PB drivers.

1/ Execute a second upgrade test (in the PB settings : check for updates) : you might receive (I did) an extra update of around 18 MB.

Then:
    1/ Turn off DM
    2/ Plug your PB, you should be prompted "PB drivers must be updated" (or so - translated)
    3/ Follow instructions
    if not working
    Look into "My desktop" you should find a BB icon described as a CD drive. Click on it and launch DeviceManager setup.

Should do the trick.
    Hope it helps, let us know.
    My problem is that it won't install the drivers. Trying hard to avoid the reset here but it looks like I am running out of options.
    Last edited by Toodeurep; 04-21-12 at 09:08 AM.
    04-21-12 09:02 AM
    If you did the upgrade to 2.0.1 via DM, go check for Software Updates on the PB to see if there are more updates available.

That's what fixed my problem (Not able to backup the PB after upgraded via DM)

Hope that helps...
    04-21-12 10:55 PM
    FWIW, I had many of the same problems of "not connecting" with DM v 6 on both Curve and PlayBook. The problems all went away with installation of the DM v7 Beta.
    04-22-12 09:57 AM
    i spent almost 8 hours trying all possible stuffs, except reinstalling the OS. RIM again proves that this is one of the finest piece of crap they ever made.
    04-22-12 12:01 PM
    04-22-12 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD