We are at the end of July now so its obviously not gonna be this month, is there any new word, rumors, leads or hunches as to the release of the new OS?
    07-29-12 09:26 AM
    The month is not over and guess what ............ July 31st is a Tuesday and you know that RIM likes to release updates on Tuesdays.

So maybe the 31st is the day.

07-29-12 09:43 AM
    The month is not over and guess what ............ July 31st is a Tuesday and you know that RIM likes to release updates on Tuesdays.

So maybe the 31st is the day.

Well u r right and i would welcome it..

It has a feature that i have desperately wanted since this thing launched.
    07-29-12 09:47 AM
    Well u r right and i would welcome it..

It has a feature that i have desperately wanted since this thing launched.
    SMS on the Playbook?

I would like to see the extra speed
    07-29-12 09:50 AM
    Ah, those youngsters - rushing away days, MONTHS and years. Us oldtimers just wait at our pb's waiting for rim to bestow luminosity (read these damn updates) on us at their and our leisure. July ain't over, buddy. Got it! (not that matters a whit to rim)
    louzer and Stewartj1 like this.
    07-29-12 10:03 AM
    Playbook 4G is scheduled to be announced/launched on the 31st (Tuesday). I assume that aside from the 4G radio and more powerful processor, RIM would like reviewers to see new software as well.

While it would make sense to have 2.1 released on Tuesday, they might skew it a few days. I think I read that the new Playbooks will no longer have the need to either connect to wifi on first boot. I don't think that this functionality exists in 2.01, so it might make sense that the 4G Playbooks are being loaded up with 2.1 as we speak.
    07-29-12 10:55 AM
    typically, updates have been released on Tuesdays, so its a pretty safe bet that if the 4G is releasing Tues, then the os is already ready for prime time, and should prob release then as well. As for the mandatory update in the setup being taken out, its still there in 2.0.1, so 2.1 official should make that a thing of the past.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 Alpha Prime Hybrid using CrackBerry via Tapatalk
    07-29-12 11:33 AM
    typically, updates have been released on Tuesday
    Ah, but if the 4G is released on coming Tuesday, then, the OS upgrade (if coming) will be before, maybe Monday.

http://crackberry.com/rim-preparing-...g-launch-nears
    Last edited by mandony; 07-29-12 at 01:43 PM.
    07-29-12 01:38 PM
    let's hope for a new bridge update Monday as well
    07-29-12 01:53 PM
    We are at the end of July now so its obviously not gonna be this month, is there any new word, rumors, leads or hunches as to the release of the new OS?
    I read from a source who has sources inside RIM and they told him that the 4G is NOT releasing this week. So when you don't get a bridge update tomorrow please don't say I didn't warn you.

The second week of August we will see 2.1.0.786 and if not by then my inside source verified that it would be very "SOON".
    07-29-12 03:14 PM
    I read from a source who has sources inside RIM
    LOL
    Hay, heard that before!
    My MOM has a friend who knows ....

RIM employees are sworn to secrecy.
    kidkamel likes this.
    07-29-12 03:22 PM
    LOL exactly fyi I did read exactly that. We'll see tomorrow
    07-29-12 03:23 PM
    The second week of August we will see 2.1.0.786 and if not by then my inside source verified that it would be very "SOON".
    Yep, the notorious "soon" which comes about as regularly as a bout of ebola. On the upside, new releases tend to be less painful than ebola and generally much more pleasant for the recipient.
    07-29-12 03:52 PM
    LOL exactly fyi I did read exactly that. We'll see tomorrow
    Where did you read this?
    07-29-12 04:33 PM
    Ah, those youngsters - rushing away days, MONTHS and years. Us oldtimers just wait at our pb's waiting for rim to bestow luminosity (read these damn updates) on us at their and our leisure. July ain't over, buddy. Got it! (not that matters a whit to rim)
    Hahaha +1

And working "at their own pace" is exactly what has left RIM where its at now...

I still recall Heinz saying that RIM needs to pick up the pace on execution....
    benvent and SFWriter like this.
    07-29-12 05:06 PM
    Yep, the notorious "soon" which comes about as regularly as a bout of ebola. On the upside, new releases tend to be less painful than ebola and generally much more pleasant for the recipient.
    Well, with Rim and ebola, folks are on the bleeding edge!
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    07-29-12 05:41 PM
    And working "at their own pace" is exactly what has left RIM where its at now.
    Exactly, not to mention I believe 2.1 was promised for (early summer). I've got news for you, August isn't early summer, frankly July 31st isn't either, so the idea that they haven't made any commitments really doesn't fly.
    07-29-12 08:22 PM
    They're still making the transition to a new OS faster than Apple did.

And wasn't the early summer timeline for 2.1 announced before they decided there would be a two month delay in bringing BB10 to market? The development of both platforms are deeply interconnected.
    Last edited by morlock_man; 07-29-12 at 08:33 PM.
    07-29-12 08:30 PM
    Where did you read this?
    I read it here on CrackBerry from a respected developer so he may just know what he's talking about but I hope not lol.
    07-29-12 09:53 PM
    They've probably got it all ready to go go. Just need to distribute it. if not, meh.
    Last edited by HybridGT; 07-29-12 at 11:19 PM.
    07-29-12 11:17 PM
    They've probably got it all ready to go go. Just need to distribute it. Tuesday should be the day. if not, meh.
    Oh wait, yeah, they said early summer. No one said 2.1 would be at the end of July..
    07-29-12 11:18 PM
    SMS on the Playbook?

I would like to see the extra speed
    Agreed I'm waiting on the sms feature too! Would really kick everything up a notchh
    07-30-12 07:17 AM
    Wasn't early summer for beta only?
    07-30-12 07:28 AM
    Wasn't early summer for beta only?
    That's my recollection too.
    07-30-12 11:54 AM
    The Playbook developers are expecting it early August.

All 4 of them
    07-30-12 01:03 PM
105 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD