Anyone else having frequent crashing of android apps?

And of course there's no way to reset an app in the android player, you have to reboot the whole PlayBook
    03-19-12 01:32 AM
    Yeah I think its a known issue/bug, or whatever you wanna call it. I hope next update will soon come out and fix this bug coz it does get annoying. I usually have to reboot at least twice a day because of this.
    03-19-12 02:06 AM
    Yeah I think its a known issue/bug, or whatever you wanna call it. I hope next update will soon come out and fix this bug coz it does get annoying. I usually have to reboot at least twice a day because of this.
    No need to reboot, use the memory trick. Open up the browser and load up 8 different tabs. Then I usually load up about 10 different apps, OS2 will kill the Android player and you can close all the apps and browser. It's much faster then a reboot.
    bluetroll likes this.
    03-19-12 07:03 AM
    No need to reboot, use the memory trick. Open up the browser and load up 8 different tabs. Then I usually load up about 10 different apps, OS2 will kill the Android player and you can close all the apps and browser. It's much faster then a reboot.
    Sorry, but I did laugh out loud at this.

I hasten to add that I'm not laughing at you, and I don't want to take anything away from your description of that way to kill the Android Player, but the fact that this convoluted procedure is many minutes faster than the unbelievably s..l..o..w Playbook startup time made me chuckle.
    motoolfan likes this.
    03-19-12 07:52 AM
    Sorry, but I did laugh out loud at this.

I hasten to add that I'm not laughing at you, and I don't want to take anything away from your description of that way to kill the Android Player, but the fact that this convoluted procedure is many minutes faster than the unbelievably s..l..o..w Playbook startup time made me chuckle.
    I agree, the playbook has a crazy slow start up.. That's always my last resort, lol.
    03-19-12 12:28 PM
    i agree as well, it is way too slow but when i perform a restart, i'd leave my pb on my desk then do some kitchen chores....
    motoolfan and harist3a like this.
    03-19-12 01:11 PM
    Everyone who face android crashes - Please make sure you close apps by swiping-back gesture. The 'Recent Applications' screen is where you should swipe-close the window. Remember, Android Apps run over runtime app which still plays in background if closed directly
    03-19-12 01:37 PM
    In once case I was simply going from Repligo in Android player to opening up a photo in the native pictures app. Not only did Repligo freeze up, but the whole playbook froze.

OS2 has some serious buggage
    03-19-12 09:19 PM
    The 'Recent Applications' screen is where you should swipe-close the window.
    It doesn't help when you're using something like Repligo and the "back" gesture simply keeps taking you up the directory tree.
    03-19-12 09:25 PM
    Everyone who face android crashes - Please make sure you close apps by swiping-back gesture. The 'Recent Applications' screen is where you should swipe-close the window. Remember, Android Apps run over runtime app which still plays in background if closed directly
    While that can be a pain, I will give that a try if I can remember.
    03-20-12 09:10 AM
    Evertime you are done with an Android app, you need to gracefully exit it first before swipe up from bottom and kill the android app player. I usually swipe diagonally or tab the back button a number of times until the app has completely exited, then I can close the android app player shell. Since then I rarely have to reboot, not unless the app called the wrong memory location, and crashed the android app player.
    03-24-12 01:00 AM
    Again, that's really annoying when you're in Repligo and hitting "back" just takes you up a level in the file system on the "open file" screen.

If closing the app player with an android app running is a problem, then they should have had some sort of quick exit button or gesture to close the android app before closing the player.

I bet there are some users who don't even know they've downloaded and launched an android app.
    03-24-12 01:14 AM
    I've tried just about every fix I can, including swiping back and only exiting from final screen and it's still crashing all the time, often right in the middle of using the app. My question is does anyone not have this problem? Could this be a certain app that is causing this? Another very annoying by product of whenever one of these crashes happen, is I lose all my saved settings for all my android apps. So I have to then re load my login info for games like word hero, or my news feeds for Taptu, not the end of the world, but pretty damn frustrating!
    So, if anyone uses android apps lots and doesn't go through this repeated crashing, then you might hold the secret!.
    03-26-12 05:15 PM
    I have latest version of OS 2.0 on blackberry playbook and then installed sys.android.bar file. I have restarted once the install of sys.android.bar and then can see the android player icon on my playbook but when I open it trying to load for few seconds and then closing automatically. What I can do to fix this problem? Does any one faced this behavior?

Thanks for any help.
    03-28-12 12:05 PM
    How about RIM fix it so it truly is seamless? I am sick of doing work around for a tablet that cost me $500!!!!

Tim
    direfan likes this.
    03-28-12 12:59 PM
    How about RIM fix it so it truly is seamless? I am sick of doing work around for a tablet that cost me $500!!!!

Tim
    Man, Im glad they only cost $199 in Canada. Im not sure what they are in the states currently but I know back in November RIM slashed the price big here. Makes me even more interested to buy one.
    03-28-12 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD