After PB Security wipe, Desktop thinks PB is still on OS1.0, even though PB is on 2.0.
    It won't let me restore anything until I "update" to 2.0. I really don't want to overwrite the PB, since I did some things since the wipe-reload that might be lost.
    Can I proceed and will it recognize its error before it actually starts downloading?
    02-26-12 08:08 PM
    A security wipe would bring the PlayBook back to the state in which it was purchased which was 1.0.

If you have a backup from 2.0 prior to your wipe, just restore from that
    02-26-12 08:19 PM
    A security wipe would bring the PlayBook back to the state in which it was purchased which was 1.0.
    If you have a backup from 2.0 prior to your wipe, just restore from that
    Thanks. I tried to Restore from both December (OS 1.0) and recent backups, either Media only or Settings, but none of them would work. I always get...
    Incompatible Blackberry Tablet OS.
    The software version for your Blackberry Playbook tablet is incompatible with the data in this backup file. To continue, update your Blackberry Tablet OS.

It seems to not like that Desktop thinks the PB is still on 1.0, Buncle 0, no matter waht Backup I try to Restore.
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 02-27-12 at 12:11 AM.
    02-26-12 09:07 PM
    Try un/reinstalling DM.
    That's worked for some folks.
    02-26-12 09:10 PM
    Try un/reinstalling DM.
    That's worked for some folks.
    I tried, but that didn't fix it.
    I tried letting it update, and it is now re-installing OS 2.0 to my tablet. Not a good thing.
    02-26-12 11:57 PM
    It does NOT reinstall the whole of OS2, only some missing apps. I think that if you deleted any of the OS2 apps, the DM thinks you're on OS1. It may look for a specific file or app - if it was deleted (I try to delete things I think are bloatware) it says you need OS2.

When I let it download and install, all of my sideloaded apps/my data/my settings and media were preserved intact and only a few missing files were reinstalled - so do not worry.
    02-27-12 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD