Just wanted to let everyone know that A2DP works in the latest beta build (Version 2.0.0.6149)

Finally!!!
    baldo, pkcable, etarlac1 and 1 others like this.
    12-15-11 11:36 PM
    ARRRRRGH, now i might have to upgrade
    12-15-11 11:57 PM
    just to be clear,i was the first one who found out,ok?
    aw just kidding,but i was.
    its great the feature finally made it
    mithrazor and spike12 like this.
    12-16-11 12:00 AM
    Just made my tablet a gym companion for seinfelds lol.
    12-16-11 01:07 AM
    Stupid question. What is A2DP?
    12-16-11 02:57 AM
    Stupid question. What is A2DP?
    Short answer: can now use Bluetooth stereo headsets to listen to the PlayBook.

Long answer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetoo...ile_.28A2DP.29
    12-16-11 05:44 AM
    workin great so far
    12-16-11 06:53 AM
    You can also use the PlayBook in a car/truck with bluetooth audio to stream music or videos and have the audio come out on the vehicles stereo.
    12-16-11 06:54 AM
    I can confirm it works with my car stereo (Sony MEX BT-500).

While running, my phone's Bridge connection still worked, however, when I tried to access anything (Browser, BBM, etc), the music playing would lag a little. It is asking a lot for two devices to be hooked up to one thing and still have the internet running through a bluetooth connection at full capacity while also running music... but hopefully it improves a bit for the final OS2 release.

Love it! My car mount I built in May is finally able to be used!!
    12-16-11 07:02 AM
    wow, great addition
    12-16-11 07:59 AM
    I can confirm it works with my car stereo (Sony MEX BT-500).

While running, my phone's Bridge connection still worked, however, when I tried to access anything (Browser, BBM, etc), the music playing would lag a little. It is asking a lot for two devices to be hooked up to one thing and still have the internet running through a bluetooth connection at full capacity while also running music... but hopefully it improves a bit for the final OS2 release.

Love it! My car mount I built in May is finally able to be used!!
    While I too hope it's fixed for OS2, I think this is actually a limit of the bandwidth capacity of Bluetooth connections. Streaming music and bridging probably exceeds Bluetooth capacity.
    12-16-11 08:21 AM
    OUTSTANDING, I can barley wait til Feb, Its about time .....Kodos for A2DP...yeah!!
    12-16-11 08:24 AM
    Why the **** don't they go ahead and make a 1.0.8 or 1.0.9 update with it then?
    spike12 likes this.
    12-16-11 08:28 AM
    Time to shop for a bluetooth speaker(s).
    12-16-11 08:42 AM
    Time to shop for a bluetooth speaker(s).
    I've been using Jawbone Jambox for almost a year now and its an excellet sounding speaker as well as extremely portable like the PlayBook. BOSE just released a bluetooth speaker also, but I have not heard it .......yet
    fanchettes likes this.
    12-16-11 08:54 AM
    I've been using Jawbone Jambox for almost a year now and its an excellet sounding speaker as well as extremely portable like the PlayBook. BOSE just released a bluetooth speaker also, but I have not heard it .......yet
    I'd suggest the Blue Ant Supertooth, if you can find it... Best sound! But, I'm planning on the Bose Soundlink because, it seems very portable.
    12-16-11 09:03 AM
    I'd suggest the Blue Ant Supertooth, if you can find it... Best sound! But, I'm planning on the Bose Soundlink because, it seems very portable.
    Bose SoundLink is incredible !! Connected my phone to it instantly in the store and the quality was unbelievable.. highly recommended.

They really do nee to release this a2dp feature .. now
    12-16-11 09:20 AM
    This should be great news for anyone trying to entertain little ones in the back seat with movies on a road trip. While the PB audio is great-sounding, it isn't loud enough to overcome road noise. If this works with my Roadster long trips will be much less painful!
    12-16-11 09:51 AM
    The motorola H700 doesnt work. There is a lot of these headsets out there.
    12-16-11 11:11 AM
    The motorola H700 doesnt work. There is a lot of these headsets out there.
    Headsets that don't have A2DP will need the headset BT profile. Hopefully RIM adds it in addition to A2DP because I would like to be able to answer calls to my BB using my PB as a speakerphone.
    baldo likes this.
    12-16-11 11:39 AM
    I wonder if theres any possibility that A2DP could be released in an official update before Feb (HINT).
    Last edited by spencerdl; 12-16-11 at 12:33 PM.
    spike12 likes this.
    12-16-11 11:45 AM
    I have my 2 Harmon Karmon Go + Play units connected together with my BB Stereo Gateway. It pumps super loud. Can't wait for Playbook update to use this as my music jukebox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-11 11:46 AM
    iLuv makes some good bluetooth speakers! Downloading OS 2 right now, was waiting for something good to come out before I updated....
    12-16-11 11:53 AM
    okay so stupid question but...i thought i had the latest OS beta installed its 2...4869.

Where do i get the latest release of the BETA OS 2?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried clicking - Check for updates but it says I have the latest software installed.

edit: nevermind. i didn't see the main thread talking about the update. ignore this post lol.
    12-16-11 12:12 PM
    okay so stupid question but...i thought i had the latest OS beta installed its 2...4869.

Where do i get the latest release of the BETA OS 2?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried clicking - Check for updates but it says I have the latest software installed.

edit: nevermind. i didn't see the main thread talking about the update. ignore this post lol.
    https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/.../beta/register is where you go, and I know that you found the link but other people might be looking for it
    patpatiar likes this.
    12-16-11 12:15 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD