Anyone else get this problem? I registered for the 2.1 beta, checked for software updates and all night I've been getting this message. Retried a good 20 times already over the last few hours. I guess I COULD just try tomorrow but I figured I'd ask to see if this was normal or is my device wonky/broken and I need to reload the OS?
    09-20-12 11:03 PM
    Maybe they have pulled it since the new 2.1.0 is due out within the next 24hrs

Sent from my GT9100 - CM10 - Tapatalk v2.3.1
    09-21-12 12:40 AM
    i just did a wipe on mine and it will not connect to the sever to download the update after the setup.

is that where you are having the issues or at a different place?
    09-21-12 02:26 AM
    I am getting the same thing. I wanted to go back from the beta to the public version.
    I had already wiped the tablet and tried to load the regular OS with DM..It would show the regular OS but would not install. Then I read you couldn't do this. So I am stuck with the beta.
    I went ahead an installed if via WiFi rebooted, reset etc.. and the Droid player wont work.

So I am stuck with a PB with no Droid player and looking for the .bar file for it.

The error described has been happening all night and this morning.

So now the PB is back in the desk drawer until RIM gets things right again, if they do.

This whole thing is a mess with the PB OS.

Tim
    09-21-12 09:44 AM
    Maybe they have pulled it since the new 2.1.0 is due out within the next 24hrs

Sent from my GT9100 - CM10 - Tapatalk v2.3.1

I don't think they would release on a Friday, but then this is RIM.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the outage overseas.

Can anyone at CB check with their RIM contacts to see what the he11 is going on?

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 09-21-12 at 10:21 AM.
    09-21-12 09:47 AM
    Well, good to know someone else is having the same problem, sad to know that your PB is stuck in no-man's land... I guess I'll just wait then.
    trsbbs likes this.
    09-21-12 11:54 AM
    The same problem here last night. Couldn't update and happened the same thing this morning with the same error. What a RIM job. lol
    09-21-12 01:28 PM
    Same thing here, I posted in the beta forums, John said he checked with folks and confirmed there is issue right now.

When I do it with DM, it tries to connect and fails right away to download the update. Fiddler shows it is trying to hit this url but getting a 403.

http://fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/qnx/b...786.signed.bar
    09-21-12 08:09 PM
    Well RIM posted that on Thursday they would pull the update for a little while. Since its Friday it should be back up now.
    09-21-12 08:17 PM
    It was happening to me earlier but i finally got things straightened out. Gl
    09-21-12 08:36 PM
    did you do anything different or it just started working?
    09-21-12 08:43 PM
    09-21-12 09:36 PM
    @trsbbs you are not in that bad of a position, looks like your current OS is still up and functional. Problem is, I am in the setup screen (after wipe) and it tries to do update before taking you to home screen and fails on the update part and you can never go to a functional OS. Only option is to restart after the update fails and it then boots up right back into the setup screen
    09-21-12 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD