I sure hope someone can find a fix for this...
    My wife's been sold on the BB Style since the first commercial, and as expected, received it shortly after it became available for Sprint.

She hasn't experienced any problems until recently (perhaps two weeks).

First was the Facebook refresh issue, which has been corrected with the latest update performed a few days ago.

Second was her alarm. It wouldn't play the desired ringtone, it would default to the quite annoying yet effective morning wakeup.

Third was phone calls and text messages. Her profile is either in vibrate or normal, and when in normal, sometimes it would play the ringtones for texts and calls as configured, or sometimes it would default.

For the second and third problem, this typically is fixed (temporarily) with a soft reset. However, she tells me she has had to do this several times a day.

The OS is 6.0 Bundle 2426 (v6.0.0.522, Platform 4.4.0.434)

All BB Apps are up-to-date.

Anyone have an explanation for this?
    08-23-11 10:27 PM
    The ringtone thing happened to me too when I upgraded my 6.0 OS for my Bold 9700 to the most recent build. I downgraded the OS back to a prior 6.0 build and it fixed it. Try upgrading or downgrading your OS and see if that helps. It's probably just a bug in the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 10:35 PM
    I've contemplated downgrading the OS, but I decided to do some digging first... she told me the other night that her pictures weren't loading either, but only the ones on her media card (she's still using the 8GB card that came with the phone). I've ran multiple tests on the card, with no errors found. When the card is plugged directly into my laptop, I can read all files with no error. It seemed to me that the card might be going bad, so I copied all files over to another card, and popped it in. The phone took a second, then replied with "Media Card Storage can not be accessed due to fatal errors", the same error the original card returned when plugged in.

Any suggestions now?
    08-27-11 08:20 AM
    i suggest upgrading to the gci 6.0.0.600 it is a lot more stable then 522,i also have sprint and was iffy about using another company's os release.i went ahead and did it and a lot of the strange things my style did seem to be fixed. just remember to remove the vendor xml file,you can find the 600 build from gci for style right here on crackberry good luck
    08-27-11 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD