Am I missing an os update (an official one I see the new leaked one on the crackberry home page)? My gf's style is very laggy kinda choppy as it scrolls through the menus,its no where near as fast and smooth scrolling as my bold (and I have the leaked os 6 running on it).

I thought I may have saw something about a patch for the lag at one time or another. I know one thing though the phone should not be running like that it should be smooth and even scrolling through her menus and contacts list and such. It opens stuff fine its just kinda slow looking though.

Anyways has anyone installed the leaked os on from the this site yet? Does it fix much of that? Any info would be helpful thanks.
    11-19-10 09:19 AM
    I haven't installed any leaks and my Style runs just fine and very smooth. Maybe because of an app that is downloaded on it?
    11-19-10 10:39 AM
    Am I missing an os update (an official one I see the new leaked one on the crackberry home page)? My gf's style is very laggy kinda choppy as it scrolls through the menus,its no where near as fast and smooth scrolling as my bold (and I have the leaked os 6 running on it).

I thought I may have saw something about a patch for the lag at one time or another. I know one thing though the phone should not be running like that it should be smooth and even scrolling through her menus and contacts list and such. It opens stuff fine its just kinda slow looking though.

Anyways has anyone installed the leaked os on from the this site yet? Does it fix much of that? Any info would be helpful thanks.
    May be a application causing that lag, I.E. Weather , #1. If a battery pull hasnt been done yet, always go for that first. If it has been done try disabling most of the search functions. Mine at first seemed a lil sluggish at times until I discovered that I didnt need my search settings to look at everything.

I went to >Options>Device>Search and unchecked everything except contacts, help and calendar. Did a battery pull and tada much snappier.

Let us know if that worked out if you try it.
    mkoso and michellebjohn like this.
    11-19-10 10:44 AM
    My wife's Style is laggy too. She doesn't download apps. Typing in text fields seems to lag. I hope there is an update soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 10:14 PM
    Install the leaked version...you won't be sorry. I've noticed a pretty big speed improvement with the latest leaked version.

Dwayne - did you speed up the text input setting?
    11-26-10 01:13 AM
    Install the leaked version...you won't be sorry. I've noticed a pretty big speed improvement with the latest leaked version.

Dwayne - did you speed up the text input setting?
    Is this setting for text input when in the browser? That's the only time I have noticed it.

11-27-10 04:04 AM
    Not-not browser specific, just the general text input settings

11-27-10 11:24 AM

WEll there your problem LOL........yeah i havent put any of the leaks on my mothers Style, and her phone runs blazing fast, try reinstaling the original OS
    11-27-10 11:31 AM

Try here.
    11-27-10 01:24 PM
    original OS and no lag here, and i have like 20 different apps. try a battery pull.
    11-28-10 12:37 PM
    No lag here and you really don't want to know how many apps I have running on this thing. Aside from a battery pull, have you tried clearing the Event Log?
    11-30-10 10:08 PM

My Style doesn't lag at all. I've had mine since day 1. Several apps downloaded and do a lot with music player. I've not loaded any leaked ROM and do NOT recommend it. You don't know who's responsible for the code and what's been "baked" into the code that may steal your info.

If you haven't loaded any custom ROM loads and don't use a lot of apps then return your Style to an authorized Sprint repair store and ask them to do a hard reset. Make sure you back up your BB via BB Desktop software first.
    12-03-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD