This might be a dumb question, but I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread. I purchased my Style 9670 from a corporate Sprint store... the battery door says "Qualcomm 3G CDMA" at the bottom, but does NOT have a Sprint logo. I have noticed that every Style that I have seen in a video review online has a Sprint logo. I'm curious if there is any significance? Some review units are earlier, pre-release models, but this seems backwards... I wouldn't think that Sprint would want to remove their logo... any ideas?
    Last edited by danisnotstan; 01-21-11 at 10:02 AM.
    01-21-11 09:48 AM
    Mine has a BlackBerry logo at the top indented in silver. Then a Sprint logo above the Qualcomm 3G CDMA logo.
    01-21-11 09:52 AM
    I have this with my full name on it
    01-21-11 09:59 AM
    Mine has a BlackBerry logo at the top indented in silver. Then a Sprint logo above the Qualcomm 3G CDMA logo.
    Yeah, mine has the BlackBerry logo indented as well as "Qualcomm 3G CDMA", but no Sprint logo. The only reason I ask is I know with some other phones (HTC Hero for example) they sometimes changed the phone (newer model) and sometimes use little tweaks like that to differentiate the two models. I ask because I'm still in my 30 day return window, and my wife's Style has a HORRIBLE battery life (the thing is about dead after 8hrs of standby and no usage in a poor service area).
    01-21-11 10:00 AM
    Yeah, mine has the BlackBerry logo indented as well as "Qualcomm 3G CDMA", but no Sprint logo. The only reason I ask is I know with some other phones (HTC Hero for example) they sometimes changed the phone (newer model) and sometimes use little tweaks like that to differentiate the two models. I ask because I'm still in my 30 day return window, and my wife's Style has a HORRIBLE battery life (the thing is about dead after 8hrs of standby and no usage in a poor service area).
    Poor service area is the major clue here. A phone, any mobile phone, that is constantly fighting for signal will drain out in said timeframe without much use. Even my Tour with a 2600 mah battery would lose 60% in that time frame. As the Style only has an 1150 mah battery, that sounds normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 10:11 AM
    Poor service area is the major clue here. A phone, any mobile phone, that is constantly fighting for signal will drain out in said timeframe without much use. Even my Tour with a 2600 mah battery would lose 60% in that time frame. As the Style only has an 1150 mah battery, that sounds normal.

Yeah, poor service is a killer for CDMA phones especially, but I have 6 different phones and have never seen battery life so bad while in a poor service area. My Palm Pre for example has the same 1150mah battery, and that phone was notorious for having a weak antenna, yet my (year old) battery would be at 50% after a 9hr work day, and that was with web browsing on breaks and lunch and texts throughout the day.
    01-21-11 10:19 AM
    So far I started out with pretty bad battery life compared to what I'm used to. However, I've improved quite a bit, having picked up about 2 and a half hours where I started from. And mine is almost constantly in use. But for all of that, the performance gain over the Tour makes it well worth it for me. Now, when the bigger battery comes out, bet
    your bippy I'm locking one in.

OP, as for the battery door, same as your description. Only Sprint logo is on the curved keyboard bottom piece.

Last edited by BergerKing; 01-21-11 at 10:46 AM.
    01-21-11 10:44 AM
    Mine looks just like yours OP...just bigger (hehe)
    01-21-11 10:50 AM
    So far I started out with pretty bad battery life compared to what I'm used to. However, I've improved quite a bit, having picked up about 2 and a half hours where I started from. And mine is almost constantly in use. But for all of that, the performance gain over the Tour makes it well worth it for me. Now, when the bigger battery comes out, bet
    your bippy I'm locking one in.

OP, as for the battery door, same as your description. Only Sprint logo is on the curved keyboard bottom piece.

I was also last using a Tour before I got the Style and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't experience any of the issues people seem to complain about with my Tour, it was rock solid and I loved it. However, when it came time to upgrade, I didn't see the trackpad, wifi and increased memory as enough reason to "upgrade" to a Bold. I honestly don't know why the Style seems to treated like a second class device... it is essentially a Bold in a different form factor. I guess I'm not a "heavy" user, but it works well for me. I get maybe 100 texts on a busy day, maybe 20 minutes of calls and maybe 2 hours web browsing. With the factory Tour battery I would be at 60% after 18hrs. With the Style, (my Style is always in a good service area) I get down to 35-45% after 15-16hrs of similar use so subtracting the smaller battery size, I'd say it's about equal for me. I'd still like to know if there have been any revisions made to the Style... neither my Style or my wife's Style have the Sprint logo on the battery door, both have the Sprint logo on the keyboard though, seems like its hit or miss...Mine is gray, hers is purple. Strange...
    Last edited by danisnotstan; 01-21-11 at 11:07 AM.
    01-21-11 11:04 AM
    Mine looks just like yours OP...just bigger (hehe)
    Yours doesn't have the Sprint logo either?
    01-21-11 11:05 AM
    Yours doesn't have the Sprint logo either?
    Correct...not on the back...however it does have it below the "space" bar on the keyboard, as BK described...got mine at Best Buy if that helps.
    01-21-11 11:10 AM
    Correct...not on the back...however it does have it below the "space" bar on the keyboard, as BK described...got mine at Best Buy if that helps.
    Mine is just like this as well - no Sprint logo in the battery door, only on the front under the Space bar. Mine was purchased at a Sprint Employee store in Reston, VA just before Thanksgiving.
    01-21-11 12:58 PM
    No Sprint logo on mine either (yay). I got mine a week ago at a Sprint corporate store here in Mesa.
    01-21-11 01:41 PM
    I bet they just got cheap or maybe just the first ones had it on the battery door.... I don't want it on mine... Lol

01-21-11 02:14 PM
    I think the phone looks cleaner without the logo and I'm not upset that the logo is missing either haha. I guess the logo or lack thereof is just random... If anyone determines that there was a hardware revision I'd be curious to hear about it... Thanks everyone for the input.

01-21-11 03:10 PM
    I have this with my full name on it
    How did you add the pics to the post? I can only figure out how to add attachments haha
    01-21-11 04:55 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...um-post-41582/ Follow the instructions and you, too, can post pics.

I concur that the Style is by no means a slouch device. 9780 Bold in a flip form with a smaller power supply and one convenience key. The Pearl flip, I didn't care for. This, on the other hand, is a sweet fit.

Last edited by BergerKing; 01-21-11 at 05:04 PM.
    01-21-11 05:01 PM
    I got mine just a few weeks ago, through Sprint directly. I have the logo on the battery door.
    01-21-11 05:45 PM

01-21-11 09:55 PM
    Dang that was a big picture lol

01-21-11 10:00 PM
    Mine was purchased through Sprint.com and no logo on battery door, got my mom to upgrade through the Sprint store in VA and no logo, best friend bought hers and hubby's at a mall kiosk and no logo...
    01-24-11 05:03 PM
    ordered mine threw Sprint.com also and no logo on mine either. doesn't faze me though.
    01-24-11 05:38 PM
    I think I may have found the mystery behind this Sprint logo fiasco haha... I was having issues connecting to BIS and had to exchange my Style today. My new Style has the Sprint logo on the battery door... I had the box sitting next to the box for my wifes Style (no Sprint logo) and I noticed a few differences on the boxes... under the "this box includes" pane on the side, mine has logos for Bluetooth, wifi, etc... My wifes does not. On to the other side of the box and..... mine is made in "Canada 1" and hers is "Mexico 6". I have heard of other BB's having build quality issues depending on where they were built (Canada generally being better). So is this the culprit? Where was your Style made? Canada=logo and Mexico=no logo?
    02-03-11 02:57 PM
    Nope. My box looks the same as your description of yours, my battery has the Sprint logo, but my device was made in Mexico.
    02-03-11 03:11 PM
    Nope. My box looks the same as your description of yours, my battery has the Sprint logo, but my device was made in Mexico.
    Hmmm... I thought that was it! And the quest for useless information continues... Haha

02-03-11 03:16 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD