HI All
    I am on my 3rd Style now and was wondering if others were having this strange issue.

The VVM App locks up when launched. BB Button does nothing, back button does nothing. If I hit the End Call it dumps me back to the main screen but the app is still locked in the background. I have to do a battery pull or a reset and then it will work for a while.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Last edited by ltrujillo44; 07-28-11 at 05:38 PM.
    07-28-11 05:24 PM
    I've had that happen a couple of times recently. It seems to have resolved itself. No idea what is up with it. Other than Sprint's VVM has been notoriously glitchy across all platforms since its inception.
    07-28-11 05:43 PM
    Try downloading YouMail and using that instead. You'll still get the error messages about VVM issues but YouMail will handle your missed calls and you can listen to messages online too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 06:38 PM
    How many people use Youmail instead of Sprint Voicemail, Or Google voice? Any glitches or slowdowns?

Try downloading YouMail and using that instead. You'll still get the error messages about VVM issues but YouMail will handle your missed calls and you can listen to messages online too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 08:58 AM
    I finally broke down and downloaded the OS update that was released a month or two ago (Bundle 2426), and ever since I did that, I keep getting a box that pops up seemingly randomly on my screen. It says:

"Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_vvm (289) is not responding; process terminated" Then I have to click the box that says "OK". Anyone else have this issue?
    07-31-11 12:48 PM
    I finally broke down and downloaded the OS update that was released a month or two ago (Bundle 2426), and ever since I did that, I keep getting a box that pops up seemingly randomly on my screen. It says:

"Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_vvm (289) is not responding; process terminated" Then I have to click the box that says "OK". Anyone else have this issue?
    Yep, I personally do. Think we all get that now.
    FatSajak likes this.
    07-31-11 03:40 PM
    Visual Voice Mail [OS6] - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums

here is the newest voice mail , been running it without a hitch down load to ur phone .. enjoy
    estroh and golfgal like this.
    07-31-11 05:26 PM
    Yep, I personally do. Think we all get that now.
    I don't...
    07-31-11 09:35 PM
    I don't...
    Lucky you.

I know there have been a lot of complaints since the last OS update.
    08-01-11 03:56 AM
    I occasionally get random times where the message cannot be downloaded to visual voicemail, but I have to call regular voicemail, which is fine. I also used to have Visual Voicemail on another Sprint device (the Instinct), and it was notoriously glitchy. So, when it comes to VVM, I'm never quite sure to know if it's a BB problem or a Sprint problem.
    08-01-11 06:01 AM
    My wife has the Style, and it is ALWAYS locking up when she opens the VVM app. I e-mailed her the link for the new version, so hopefully that helps. Has anyone tried it yet?

I personally use google voice integration on my Epic and my old Pearl (Yep, still rocking the tiny pearl next to the 4" Epic).
    08-02-11 07:44 AM
    I am now on the 4th device. I tried the JAD provided in the link, but is version 3.0.0.131 and I have 135 already on the device. Is this older version more stable? Since the Style is EOL this month, maybe they will swap me for another model.
    08-02-11 10:24 AM
    I am now on the 4th device. I tried the JAD provided in the link, but is version 3.0.0.131 and I have 135 already on the device. Is this older version more stable? Since the Style is EOL this month, maybe they will swap me for another model.
    The problem with VVM is on their side not your phone. To fix, call Sprint and tell them you've called several times before on this issue and ask to speak with their ADVANCED tech support. My VVM was fixed within a half hour and no issues since (that was 2 months ago).

As for it being EOL, they have plenty of devices on hand and will keep swapping it out. Plus the EOL list only shows the Grey Style being EOL...purple isn't on that list at all.
    08-02-11 10:41 AM
    The problem with VVM is on their side not your phone. To fix, call Sprint and tell them you've called several times before on this issue and ask to speak with their ADVANCED tech support. My VVM was fixed within a half hour and no issues since (that was 2 months ago).
    What did they "fix" on their end?
    08-02-11 11:06 AM
    Well, after several calls, I'm being sent into a Corporate Store. Sprints Customer Service is terrible. Where do they find these ghetto reps? I almost would rather speak to someone overseas who has some manners. I wont get any "yeah..but ummm" or "you know what I'm sayin". FFS
    08-04-11 09:28 AM
    After the last update, my VVM also locks up nearly every time I use it. I use my phone for work and do quite a bit of customer service, so I get a lot of voice mail. Sometimes I can prevent a lock up if I remember to actually close out the program after each use. I usually forget and just hit the back button though. I've known it's a Sprint issue for awhile, but haven't called them because I have more fun things to do. Like visit the dentist. ;-)
    08-12-11 01:22 PM
    Has anyone tried switching to avoid the problems? I was looking for feedback before switching myself.
    08-17-11 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD