Here is a way to reset or reprovision visual voicemail on a Blackberry device with visual voicemail. This only works on the BB Style and the 9330.

1. Go to Visual Voicemail on the phone.
    2. Select Menu (Blackberry key) > Options.
    3. Press and hold Alt Key and press IRMI.
    a. A popup will appear �Do you want to Reset Visual Voicemail�
    4. Select Yes.
    5. Call and leave a test voicemail

Hope this helps, and thanks for using Sprint.
    This doesn't always work and can actually cause more issues. I tried the steps previously and my device just sat there with the "waiting on your carrier" screen for three weeks. See my previous post for how I finally got the Advanced Tech Support at Sprint to fix.

I love Sprint and really have no complaints with them since they have always made things right by me with upgrades and customer service.
    07-27-11 10:17 AM
    Hello everyone. Ok, I decided today to have a looksy here and see if anyone else was having the same problem w/vvm that i was. Seems I have quite a few in the same mud puddle as me. If my memory recalls correctly, it was after the last update that I started having problems w/my vvm. I either don't get the vvm notifications, or as others have mentioned I get them way after the fact. Some even not showing up til the next day. Now i have a new problem tho. I now have the lil red star thing on my vvm notifying me that i have a vvm, but when i click on it there's nothing new and am cued to call vm. I do, and there are no new msgs. Thing is, that lil notifier is still there. Not the one that sits up at the top just under the clock... but the one that sits on top of the vvm icon itself. I've done a reset w/taking out the battery and it is still. I tried the above advice and did the options-alt-irmi thing too. It seemed to go thru, saw the lil arrows working in upper right hand corner... but then nothing else so not sure on that. Any other ideas? I work 6 days a week normally and really don't wanna spend a good portion of my one day off on the phone w/CS. Oh, and there is not a Sprint store near me.... authorized 3rd party stores.. yes, but not a "true" Sprint store. Please help??!!
    09-17-11 11:02 AM
    I have had the same issue. No VVM or notification for a least 12 hours. No indicator on main screen either.

When I enter VVM screen' I cannot access the menu feature (BB symbol) at all, and can only exit by using the red phone button.

I've tried to get answer from tech support (advanced) they indicate it's an OS issue.

Arrrgggghhhh!
    09-22-11 02:42 PM
    I've had major problems with my voicemail since about May. It's not a minor issue because people are leaving important voicemails and you don't know you got them.

Doing the voice mail reset, rebooting, or even reinstalling the OS does not work. It's a software problem in the latest update which I suspect Sprint does not care to fix because they are marketing new phones now.

I don't have the time to go annoy the guy at the Sprint store, and if I did, I don't know that I would want to because they will probably just wipe it or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 10:02 PM
    Easiest way to fix is to call and just say you need the advanced tech support staff. They had mine fixed in 20 mins and it's been fine ever since (almost 3 months now).
    rbrooks86 likes this.
    10-03-11 01:57 PM
    I had advanced tech support reset and had the problem again. Missed 2 important messages.

That's why I switched to google voice and let them handle the voicemail - now I get an email and text message when there is a message.

I've had major problems with my voicemail since about May. It's not a minor issue because people are leaving important voicemails and you don't know you got them.

Doing the voice mail reset, rebooting, or even reinstalling the OS does not work. It's a software problem in the latest update which I suspect Sprint does not care to fix because they are marketing new phones now.

I don't have the time to go annoy the guy at the Sprint store, and if I did, I don't know that I would want to because they will probably just wipe it or something.

10-03-11 02:11 PM
    Sprint level 2 tech support claims visual voice for style will not be fixed. It might work if you have access to 4G, otherwise, make like it does not exist. RIM is not going to spend R&D time on a product they have abandoned.
    10-09-11 10:32 PM
    Please tell, how did Sprint fix your VM. You must have spoken to the Sprint VM master.
    10-09-11 10:36 PM
    I have been having the same issue for a few months, after many calls to advance tech support, we (myself suggesting it) replaced my style phone with a sprint rebuilt style. After restoring the new phone the red indicator was still on, until someone left me a voicemail. At this point, the visual voicemail is working correctly, allowing me to delete them and no longer having the indicator or insisting I call voicemail to listen to a message that is not there.
    10-13-11 11:10 AM
    Sprint level 2 tech support claims visual voice for style will not be fixed. It might work if you have access to 4G, otherwise, make like it does not exist. RIM is not going to spend R&D time on a product they have abandoned.
    Nice. Why should I buy another phone on Sprint knowing they have no intention of keeping it in working order?

10-17-11 05:20 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD