Anyone notice that in messages a swipe of the trackpad to the left jumps to the previous message every time it is not intermittent. Often not only does it move to the previous message it often closes the message and lands at the message list. This behaviour occurs in both the Main message list with email messages and SMS messages.

It is maddening and is not the same behavior as in OS 5.0.

Any help or thoughts??
    05-02-11 12:14 PM
    Scroll left and right slower.....fast scroll switches messages, slow scrolling moves cursor through the text of the current message....

This is a feature of OS6, all devices have it, try turning down your trackpad sensitivity if it switches messages too easily

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 01:26 PM
    I hate this.
    But it is a "feature" they stuck in for some reason.
    05-02-11 01:28 PM
    And I think fast scroll left moves up one message, and to the right moves down one message! If your at the top or bottom of your message list, it takes you out of the message and back to the message list view

05-02-11 01:29 PM
    I don't mind it, its different...you get used to it once you adjust your trackpad usage to it! It allows me to quickly switch between messages

05-02-11 01:31 PM
    No matter what sensitivity I set the phone too it switches messages when I attempt to scroll left. If I go VERY slowly SOMETIMES it doesn’t do it...MADDENING...who can I complain too because I like to copy and paste messages between contacts and it is almost impossible with this feature.
    05-02-11 01:40 PM
    @mrtouchedme
    you have an.. interesting name..

anyways.
    Why not use the shortcut N(ext) or P(revious)?
    or even U(nread)..?
    Much better IMO.
    05-02-11 01:42 PM
    I've never had that problem, you just need to scroll left/right slow and gentle to highlight....or hold shift and scroll up and down for highlighting entire messages or lines of messages

05-02-11 01:45 PM
    @deathcommand, your name is more interesting

If my thumb is on the trackpad scrolling up through the message, why waste time moving it to use keyboard shortcuts when the same thing can be accomplished with my thumb on the same spot? As you should know, the keyboard shortcuts would only work after you scroll up out of the text input box anyway....

05-02-11 01:49 PM
    Touche. :P

Well I mean quickly scroll up? Idk I just felt it unnecessary for the average user.
    05-02-11 01:53 PM
    Regardless how fast you scroll up to the message text, even holding alt and rapid page scrolling, your thumb is still on the trackpad, which can be quickly flicked right or left to get to another message, instead of moving it off the pad to N or P, then back to the pad to scroll through the new message! I mean, to each his own, just seems quicker to use the trackpad for it all if your thumb is going to be on it anyway!

05-02-11 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD