I use my Blackberry Curve for emails and lots of texting. For those that have the new Style do you see that as being a problem since it's a flip phone? I believe US Cellular will be getting the phone at the end of the year. I don't see many guys walking around with Blackberry flip phones.
    11-18-10 10:12 AM
    Well, I'm a guy and I have the Style and love it. Will it be a problem for you? Only you will be able to decide that. I text and email quite a bit, and I have no issues having to flip it to reply. It takes a second to flip the phone open, and if you preview the message on the outside screen, when you open the phone it opens the message. You can always try it, and if it is not for you, return within 30 days (assuming US Cellular has this policy) and go back to your curve. It really is a solid device though. Hope this helps...
    11-18-10 10:33 AM
    No problems here, by problem do you mean constantly flipping the phone, I dont think its considered a "problem", I got used to it very fast, the keyboard is great on the Style, I came from the Tour and think its better then that.
    11-18-10 06:40 PM
    Im a dude and I digg the style for factor... I dont care how I look holding a flip phone... The flip form factor just works for me...

As far as emailing and texting.... If you are checking emails literally every 2 mins then the style may not work for you. stick to a candy bar berry...
    11-19-10 08:32 AM
    I find it funny people ask if opening a flip-phone provides a problem when sending a text. I mean, didn't most everyone have a flip-phone at one point or another in the not-so-distant past? I know I sure did and didn't have a single issue with flipping a phone open to text. I do, however, have a big problem sliding a keyboard out and texting that way - for some reason I just can't do it very well.
    11-22-10 03:00 PM
    Ive cranked out about 11,000+ texts since I've had my Style(I'm bored - recovering from major back surgery)...I don't mind having to flip it open. I had to Lock and Unlock all my previous phones which took about the same amount of time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 12:51 AM
    Of course it is easier to send messages fast with keybopard that is exposed at all times. But openong the flip phone doesn't impede fast access to emails and texts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 10:36 PM
    I'm on my Style 24/7 sending emails, texting & social networks. The flip factor doesn't slow me down one bit. I could see it being an annoyance to some but for me it's not.
    12-02-10 09:38 AM
    Male here. I like the keyboard. Took minimal adjustment from the bold. Plus I can keep it in my pocket without damaging it or dialing Peru by accident. and I like being able to quickly check the message on the front screen to see if I need to pay attention to it or wait till later.
    12-02-10 09:55 AM
    I use my Blackberry Curve for emails and lots of texting. For those that have the new Style do you see that as being a problem since it's a flip phone? I believe US Cellular will be getting the phone at the end of the year. I don't see many guys walking around with Blackberry flip phones.
    There aren't many BB flip style phones with full QWERTY keyboards, only one as a matter of fact, so you're likely not going to see many men, or women. I'm a man and carry the Style. I like the flip form-factor. It makes me feel a little more secure about accidental pocket buttons presses and "****-dialing."

The one thing about that flip form-factor no has eluded to is how the outside flip "cover" helps you manager your time. When you receive a text or email it shows you a preview on the outside screen for a few seconds (each message). I feel like I save time by not opening the flip for every message, just to check it out, when I can scan it quickly on the outside display and know it's something that can wait for my attn later. Plus, reading the message on the lower res outside screen saves some battery life vs not having to light up the larger, higher res inside screen.
    12-03-10 10:55 AM
    My husband has the Style and likes it so far,he said it took him a lil bit to get used to it for texting and emailing but other than that so far so good for him.The flip phone syle has always been his prefrence...
    12-03-10 11:01 AM
    I guess the other thing I am getting used to is the balance of the phone in hand. coming from the 8700, to the curves, then tour and bold they pretty much feel similar with balance. The Style is different, i wouldn't say top heavy, but different none the less. Plus I use Mobipocket Reader constantly and I had to get used to reading with the flip open.
    12-03-10 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD