Just got off the phone w/Boost Mobile, who gave me the sad news that I can't tether my PlayBook with the 9670 I just started using on Monday. Funny, the phone it replaced was the exact duplicate, and it tethered immediately. I was able to sync this phone without a problem, but it just won't tether. Is there any way to get around this?
    08-08-13 04:16 PM
    Did they give any particular reason? Were you not able to install BlackBerry Bridge?

If it worked before, there really isn't any reason you shouldn't be able to again. Very odd!
    08-08-13 08:28 PM
    Finally heard back from Boost. According to them, they don't support tethering. Funny, worked fine with my previous phone. However, I see BlackBerry App World has a couple of tethering apps. Wonder if one of these would work? Do you know of a good tethering app?
    08-09-13 12:47 PM
    Go over to the PlayBook forum and ask for help there. I have ATT which doesn't support tethering either but found out how to get around the restrictions by downloading something and replacing the stock thing. Sorry I can't be more specific than "thing" but I don't want to depend upon my memory.
    08-09-13 03:24 PM
    Thanks for the info. Did a little research in App World, and think I found what you downloaded (Tether Bridge?). I'll be giving it a try. It's worth $30 if it works, really miss the tether feature. Possibly you could answer a question for me, will it work on the 6 platform?
    08-12-13 10:06 AM
    Thanks for the info. Did a little research in App World, and think I found what you downloaded (Tether Bridge?). I'll be giving it a try. It's worth $30 if it works, really miss the tether feature. Possibly you could answer a question for me, will it work on the 6 platform?
    I did a little bit more research and found the following link

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...rrerid=3798371

This is where I found the "thing". I followed the delete, download, install, restart, but in the order specified. I looked for some kind of initiative sequence or procedures but as it turns out there are none. You just are tethering automatically! I tried it out of wifi and it works. No muss no fuss.
    Oh, I have a Torch running OS6 so I know that answer
    08-12-13 10:52 AM