Hey all...

I am wondering if anyone else has had both the Pearl Flip and the Style and what you think of the two devices.

The Pearl Flip was a clever attempt at attracting clamshell loyalists but, overall, I think the Style is a much better execution of the filp form factor vs the Pearl Flip.

The only real disappointment is the amount of Memory available. It would be nice to eventually see over a gig of memory available for apps. Other than that, the Style is fairly ingenious and has proven to be one of my best selling devices.
    01-29-11 01:34 PM
    I have 35 apps downloaded and still have a LOT of memory, so I fail to see why it needs more memory. I haven't even used half of available memory yet
    I've not had a pearl flip personally, but I don't think they're any compairson here. Style wins hands down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 03:03 PM
    It really doesn't surprise me to see how well the Style is selling, and I'd like to see it spread to some other carriers, honestly. The QWERTY keyboard is well-executed and quite nice to use. The screen is nice and bright, not scrolling onto the screen is a plus, and it is a lot quicker than my earlier BlackBerrys, Curve 8330 and Tour.

The Pearl Flip was a so-so effort, and was never supported very well. The trackball wasn't the best of choices for navigation, and the memory was only going to go so far. Same could be said of memory on any phone, but when you want to upgrade operating systems, extra memory is a must. It was a decent device, but not for wide acceptance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-11 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD