I don't have it yet, but waiting to try it out. It is supposed to be coming to US Cellular (my current carrier) soon.

I'm using an HTC Touch Pro 2 (Windows Mobile) now, with two other WM devices before that. I'm kinda over touching, sliding, smearing, tapping, flicking, and poking at a screen. I just want my email, texts, and phone calls. This will be my first BB, and I hope to love it.
    01-22-11 04:04 PM
    I came from 2 years on a Curve 8330. Thought about droid, but stayed with Sprint everything plan (avoiding new data fee), and keeping my tether. Good vibes so far
    01-26-11 08:10 PM
    I came from 2 years on a Curve 8330. Thought about droid, but stayed with Sprint everything plan (avoiding new data fee), and keeping my tether. Good vibes so far
    Welcome to CrackBerry, and the Style.
    01-26-11 08:45 PM
    So what's the verdict on the style? I was in best buy, and they are selling the style for $79. while the bold is still $179. It's very rare that sprint drops the prices so low on a new device...Is there something I'm missing?
    01-28-11 04:26 AM
    I came from a LG Lotus but before that I had a Bold 9650 on Sprint. The Lotus was horrid as far as trying to type and manage your schedule. The only thing that phone was good for was talking. I called it trying to ween myself off of the BB and now I have a Style lol.
    Besides the "style" factor, no pun intended any major difference between your style/9650? batt life, operability..etc?
    01-28-11 04:30 AM
    It's funny, I always poo-poo my husband when he starts talking about a new phone for me, tell him I don't need one, I like what I have just fine....and then I get the new one he picks out and I love it.
    Isnt it funny how us dumb old guys actually know something every once in a while. My wife was the same way.

"I dont NEED a Blackberry" "I'll NEVER use all that stuff" 2 days later she's showing her mother Youtube videos at lunch.
    01-29-11 08:52 PM
    First post here, so be nice, and from my 9670 no less...

Motorola Q9C from Sprint. Thought I'd NEVER be able to pry it out of my hands. Buggy? Sure. They all have bugs.

But, even though I've been back and forth a few times since grabbing this little jewell, and I'm WAY new to Blackberry, the Style is winning me over. Gradually...

I'm learning ways to do most of the stuff I've loved my Moto Q's for, and a bit more, but easier and with fewer glitches. (I think.)

Wish I could find a face-out plastic swivel holster for my tankbag on my old Goldwing. I use my phones with wired helmet communicators
    (Moto-Comm) as all my various Q's have had them. Before Q's I used Nokia clamshells, and I had them for those too! I ordered an Otterbox and I'm going to try to farkle me-self one.

I'm liking the Style, minus the battery life. And the keypad is a bit squished.

Oh, and I CAN'T WAIT(!) for a workable Opera Mini 5.1 for this phone. It's unbeatable for fast browsing. Period.

Stan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-31-11 12:57 AM
    I'm patiently waiting for the Style to hit US Cellular.

I'm currently on a 8530 and loving it. Tried out an Android for a day and a half but felt like a fish out of water with that thing. Guess I don't get along well with touch screens.

Before that I had a Motorola Razr ve20. I do miss the flip form factor.

I've been saving up my Belief points. I hope I have enough for an early upgrade when the Style finally does arrive.

02-02-11 06:39 AM
    First smart phone was a bb 7130e. I loved the thumbwheel on it! But it eventually broke, so I upgraded to a bb storm. Unlike most users I really liked mine! However times got hard so we decided to drop verizons 30$ data plan and I got a samsung convoy. I absolutely hated that samsung phone and had previously had a samsung and hated that one too! Well eventually we switched to sprint and I got a blackberry curve 8530. Loved it for a year until the keys started getting "sticky" due to my job being very dirty And rather hard on electronics. So I went on ebay and bought a brand new style 9670 and while its not a perfect phone, I do love it.
    Pros are bb 6, podcasts, rss feeds, social network feeds, flip design, and larger icons/screen than the 8530, keyboard, and it seems to organize picture files better than os 5 did, and biggest + of all is so far 35 apps downloaded and it has yet to crash. Very stable!
    Cons
    Rings/plays music too quietly for my taste, sometimes just a LITTLE sluggish, predictive texts closes browser, can't customize the trays (ex I like the downloads tray but dislike the favorites tray) and for some reason I always hit the stop button instead of end poor camera placement, error message saying unable to connect to net even on wifi or 3g
    There u go! I'm a very heavy user, so some may not notice the little things....

02-02-11 01:45 PM
    So what's the verdict on the style? I was in best buy, and they are selling the style for $79. while the bold is still $179. It's very rare that sprint drops the prices so low on a new device...Is there something I'm missing?
    This is what I've been wondering. From Sprint online, the Bold is $199 while the Style is $99, the same as the now becoming ancient Curve. I managed to argue enough to get escalated and a bunch of deals on the Style to get it for about $30, and it should arrive Friday. When I went from my Pearl to the Curve 8330, I got more storage and room for apps and ability to read a bigger mini SD, but the reception wasn't as good, and some things lagged more than on the Pearl. I wonder what the trade-offs will be with an "upgrade" this time around.
    02-02-11 09:29 PM
    This is what I've been wondering. From Sprint online, the Bold is $199 while the Style is $99, the same as the now becoming ancient Curve. I managed to argue enough to get escalated and a bunch of deals on the Style to get it for about $30, and it should arrive Friday. When I went from my Pearl to the Curve 8330, I got more storage and room for apps and ability to read a bigger mini SD, but the reception wasn't as good, and some things lagged more than on the Pearl. I wonder what the trade-offs will be with an "upgrade" this time around.
    There really shouldn't be a trade-off. They've really done a nice job with the Style. I've come from Curve And Tour, and this number has exceeded the others in so many ways. The only trade-off was not being able to use my Tour's 2600mah battery.

02-02-11 11:31 PM
    When HTC came out with the Touch Diamond, I thought that was the last phone I would ever need. Well, things didn't turn out so rosy. I will say that I think the Touch Flow UI is one of the most elegant design elements I've ever seen and I loved the form factor. However the Windows OS was terrible, mine crashed all the time, and it totally choked on my 16,000 contacts. Enter the HTC Hero. Again the UI is beautiful, but it too choked on that volume of contacts and the keyboard was just too small. All the while, I had a company issued BB Curve. Not elegant, won't win a prize for the UI, but talk about the little engine that could. It worked, which was more than I could say about the seductive Diamond and Hero.

With a change in firms I now have a company issued iPhone 4 and a personal BB Style. It is an interesting head to head. Let's get the obvious out of the way first, the iPhone display and presentation of the UI simply is a thing of beauty! On another board, the writer likened the BB UI to Windows 98 and the iPhone to Vista (let's update that to W7). I actually think that is a pretty good analogy. W7 is visually appealing and there are some nice features, BUT W98 is easier for me to use. Same thing for the BB Style vs iPhone. The iPhone is visually elegant and many of the features are really nice. However, when it comes down to the things I really need in a smartphone, the Style is terrific, albeit the UI, even with BB 6 still has a way to go. Paramount is how email is handled. Let's face it, BB is THE email machine and I don't care how pedestrian the UI is, nothing does email better than BB. The fact that iPhone will only hold the last 200 emails and can only display it in threaded form drives me totally crazy!

In this journey seeking phone nirvana, I have discovered that I am a physical keyboard guy. Score for the Style. The iPhone virtual keyboard is far better than the HTC Hero, but that comes at the sacrifice of a non-full QWERTY layout. It's getting a bit annoying to constantly hit the number key to get a comma on the next keyboard screen of the iPhone. Personal speed tests confirm, I can one-hand/two-hand thumb type far faster on the Style than iPhone. In summary, and no value judgment implied, if you are a recreational user, the iPhone is terrific, but if you are a business user and need critical business functionality, BB is the only way to go and I love the form factor of the Style.
    02-06-11 04:10 PM
    From a Sprint Tour 9630, luving the Style OS and form factor.
    02-07-11 12:39 PM
    Just a further note on price, I notice that sprint.com has the Style for $49.99 now. And last week Office Max was offering it for free.
    02-07-11 12:56 PM
    As others have said, there really isn't a trade off between the Style and any other BB on Sprint. I've had my Style for about a month now (came from a Tour among other phones) and I've been really pleased. The only sense I can make out of the Styles pricing is that it seems like Sprint is trying to use the flip form factor to attract new smartphone customers (who are probably used to getting a free or really cheap phone). Being a tech junkie, I did a lot of research before I bought the Style (got one for my wife as well) and it seems as though the Style is actually quite the UPGRADE compared to the Bold! They have the same processor and memory, but the Style has "N" wifi, a better camera, a larger display, and a larger keyboard. Some people prefer the Bold form factor (OK, most people haha) but I just couldn't bring myself to spend $200 for a Bold which was the same phone as my Tour but with added memory, trackpad and wifi. If your last BB was an 8330, any modern BB is an upgrade as far as memory and app storage and speed. The Style also comes with an 8GB micro sd card pre-installed!

Last edited by danisnotstan; 02-08-11 at 01:28 AM.
    02-08-11 01:18 AM
    My hubby has my Torch (for work) & a Bold 9650 (personal) and he is actually jealous of my Style. Pages load faster, less bugs, minimal memory leaks & better camera. The only thing he likes better about his 9650 is the longer battery life.
    02-08-11 10:11 AM
    came from a boost mobile i335 to samsung epic to htc evo to blackberry style. digging the different form factor and the great battery life on it. epic died with in 4hours, evo died with in 7hours and my style hasnt died on me yet. so PLUS!
    02-08-11 10:46 PM
    My last phone was a terrable Tour, I miss the battery life but not it's worthless reseception and crapy trackball! Now my wife's Tour's tackball is heaven, go figure.
    02-09-11 08:28 AM
    My first smartphone was a Palm Treo, then the BB Curve 8330 then I went to a Palm Pre, then because I misssed the BB so much I went to a BB World phone 8830, then a BB Tour, and now I'm Stylin'! I really do like the BB much better than anythng else I have used. And the Style is a great phone for me with the flip and external display. I hated "**** dialing" people and now it can't happen! I haven't had any problems with mine at all and I use it for work and personal use.
    02-17-11 06:20 PM
    I'm not a Style user just yet. I just purchased one through ebay tonight. I currently use a Palm Pre and really debated holding out to see if the HPalm Pre 3 will be coming to Sprint. But I saw the Style and became obsessed. I love the form factor and am impressed with BBs new OS (although I think I'll miss WebOs). I also am excited for the debut of the Playbook and am hoping the two devices will play together nice.

This will be my second BB. I briefly used a 8830 that I found kind of clunky. My employer quit using BES so I switched to the Palm Centro and then the Pre. The Pre has been a fun phone but I've grown tired of the wait and I've grown tired of the slide out keyboard. I guess this is a boredom move!
    02-19-11 12:06 AM
    I'm not a Style user just yet. I just purchased one through ebay tonight. I currently use a Palm Pre and really debated holding out to see if the HPalm Pre 3 will be coming to Sprint. But I saw the Style and became obsessed. I love the form factor and am impressed with BBs new OS (although I think I'll miss WebOs). I also am excited for the debut of the Playbook and am hoping the two devices will play together nice.

This will be my second BB. I briefly used a 8830 that I found kind of clunky. My employer quit using BES so I switched to the Palm Centro and then the Pre. The Pre has been a fun phone but I've grown tired of the wait and I've grown tired of the slide out keyboard. I guess this is a boredom move!
    I previously had a Pre and I think you'll enjoy the Style... Especially the better keyboard and at least double the battery life haha. Just how the Pre was useless without Preware, I highly suggest you add Opera Mini to the Style. The phone isn't the same to me without it... Also, if you happen to have the leather Palm case for the Pre, the Style is about the same size and shape and is a perfect fit. The charging pod is also the next best thing to a touchstone. Good luck with the Style.

Last edited by danisnotstan; 02-19-11 at 12:14 AM.
    02-19-11 12:12 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD