- CrackBerry Newbie
- 6 Posts
Style Sync Conflict Resolutions don't add up
When I sync my Style 9670 to MS Outlook it displays conflict resolution boxes with contacts that are not at all related. So, for example:
First Name (Outlook) Marisa
First Name (Device) Barbara
Last Name (Outlook) Murp (John's girlfriend)
Last Name (Device) Win
Title (Outlook) blank
Title (Device) Neighbor
I looked at these contacts in Outlook and on the Device and they have nothing at all in common but yet the sync-er thinks they are somehow related. It's not the only one.....there are many. The Title field that is blank, truly blank.....no empty spaces.
I am running Outlook 2007 under Vista (64-bit).
Any suggestions of why this is occurring or (better yet!) steps I can take to correct the problem without losing my data. I realize I can mark "make no change" during the sync but these will be an issue forever-more.
Thank you for any clues..........
BlackBerry Style 9670
PC with Vista 64-bit
- CrackBerry Abuser
04-05-2012, 06:28 PM #2
- 449 Posts
- No way am I listing it here
If I'm understanding this correctly some of your fields aren't mapped correctly thus the conflict. Try this:
Synchronize data in custom address book fields during synchronization
1. Connect your BlackBerry® device to your computer.
2. Open the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
3. Click Synchronize.
4. In the left pane, click Configure > Synchronization.
5. Click Synchronization.
6. Select the Address Book check box.
7. Click Advanced.
8. On the Address Book tab, click Map Fields.
9. Complete the instructions on the screen.
10. Click OK.Yes, my BB is surgically attached to my hand!
Kerri Neill's CrackBerry Blog