Alright, I got a new Blackberry a couple of weeks ago, settled for the style because Sprint had it for free.

I recently downloaded a flashlight app so I could use the media (flash) light as a way to see around the dark house after the wife and kid went to bed. I noticed that after running the app, my ringer wouldn't work, nor any of my other alerts.

Naturally I deleted the app, my phone worked normal.

Two days ago, i downloaded a different flashlight app, my phone again stops all alerts after using the darn thing.

Wondering if there is a fix for this, or if it's a problem with my phone. I don't really need the flashlight app just thought it was helpful.

Thanks
    07-02-11 05:44 PM
    I use the flashlight app in QuickLaunch and it runs without interfering with ringers/notifiers. AA to the others and what they do, this is the first I've heard of this particular issue on the Style.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-11 06:36 PM
    There is no need for a special flashlight app.

Click on video camera app, press the spacebar on the keyboard to activate the light. I use it all the time. If you go into options you can have it default to turn on the light whenever you start the video camera app.
    07-03-11 02:24 AM
    If you have a problem after installing an app, reboot the phone before you remove it. That usually fixes it.

I'm using JaredCo's One Touch Flashlight, all I have to do is open the flip and press the side convenience button (after setting it).
    07-04-11 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD