I am considering upgrading to the style. i love blackberry however hate the one i have right now. i am considering the style for many reasons and would love to know if the camera has a flash on it. one thing i have hated about my curve.
    01-22-11 10:21 PM
    it does have a flash, and you will be floored wit the screen. as long as your a "flip phone" fan, you will love it.....
    01-22-11 11:13 PM
    Solid flash, really decent camera, but you'll have to get used to moving your finger from in front of the lens. Lack of a flash was one of the chief reasons a Curve is out of the question for my usage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 12:45 AM
    ive had a curve for over a year and am really hoping that the style will be a good phone for me.
    thank you for all the help.
    01-23-11 01:19 PM
    Well, I upgraded from the Tour to the Style, and I'm not disappointed at all. I started with the 8330 myself, then Tour in March, and after almost a month, I'm enjoying it just fine. My daughterr went from Curve 8330to the Style and just loves it.

01-23-11 01:38 PM
    I looooove my Style! Came from a Curve 8330b You will love it!

01-23-11 07:15 PM
    As others have stated, you have to get used to keeping your finger away from the lens but, the flash is nice and it really does take some nice pictures. Closeups seem to come out really nice.
    01-24-11 01:21 PM
    My girlfriend and i are also upgrading today to a set of Styles from our 8530s. As always, i'm researching the forum to see what cons to expect.
    01-24-11 01:28 PM
    I had a Curve 8330 starting in Feb 2009 and upgraded to the Style 10 days ago ... Once you learn to adjust to the trackpad, you will probably really like this phone.

it is a MAJOR upgrade over the 8330 and 8530 (limited personal use on this model).

I'd suggesting getting some kind of a shell/case for it - the outer screen is nice but vulnerable to scratches, as I can testify ...
    01-24-11 03:31 PM
    I've found if you hold the phone like usual and just place the tip of your index finger against the top part of the flip, you won't have to worry about blocking the camera. Feels natural and works for me...
    01-24-11 04:13 PM
    you will love the style.the only thing i found that is bugging me is, i cant load themes yet does anyone know what to do.
    01-25-11 08:10 AM
    my evo has been put aside
    01-25-11 08:12 AM
    Just a word of warning: Be SURE you like a flip-style phone! I had the Bold and went to the Style because I switched providers and it cost less to get the Style (and I got the Style on the release date).

In retrospect, I wish I had stayed with the Bold--mainly because I can't stand a flip-style phone. I'm impatiently waiting until I'm eligible for an upgrade.

But if flip-style is okay with you, you won't find a better deal than a Style.
    01-25-11 09:29 AM
    You can also hold the Style sideways and take pics too ... I tried it out yesterday while the kids were out playing in the snow ... seemed to work very well and you can hold it steadier with 2 hands ... unless you are dodging/throwing snowballs, and then you should just put the phone away and have fun!
    01-25-11 09:51 AM
    you will love the style.the only thing i found that is bugging me is, i cant load themes yet does anyone know what to do.
    There's a theme builder that's supposed to be out by the end of the month for OS6 so, I assume it should work on the Style.

Updated theme builder coming by the end of January - Includes support for all OS 6 devices | CrackBerry.com
    01-25-11 10:09 AM
    my evo has been put aside
    Agreed; I trashed my Haxsung Moment after only 6 months even though the tethering is a lil slower on the blackberry. Has it physically been proven that WebKit processes data slower than the Android platform, btw? My web browser's faster on the style than it was on my Moment. (Not to mention the organizational structure of blackberry is exponentially better than that of the Android platform.)
    02-03-11 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD