Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default This phone is AWESOME!

I don't care what they say about flip phones! I LOVE THIS THING!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts

Does the os 6 make the phone?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by BiG BaLLA 923 View Post
    Does the os 6 make the phone?
    of course and many other things...i know i like it lol
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousTrag View Post
    I don't care what they say about flip phones! I LOVE THIS THING!
    I totally agree... First BB and smartphone, so comparing OS means nothing to me, but it is a great phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

agreed! My 1st blackberry too and I was petrified to leave my beloved Palm Pre and WebOS - but I have to say, other than a lack of free apps like my PRE offered, and no multiple apps open, I am totally impressed and in love with my purple style!!

(even though my 1st one of 3 days completely fried and died!! lol the replacement is holding up good so far!)
    smiles for your day ~ pixie
    BlackBerry Style 9670 purple
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,132 Global Posts

Not a blackberry newbie here been threw about 5 already. But i will say the Style is the Blackberry i was looking for. The look, the size, the functionality, the overall performance, the only thing i would want more on this phone would be if it had world capabilities.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    PM me...

Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    ...and no multiple apps open...
    Not to get off subject here, but you can have multiple apps open. Most likely you have some open now, just hold down the BB button to view open applications. Or, you can hit the BB Menu button once, scroll up and say Switch Application....oooooor, you can set the Convenience Key to the Switch Application if you use it a lot.
    Nathan W.

Have any questions? Feel free to PM me, or email me:
    converseman(at)crackberry(dot)com
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by rcnathan View Post
    Not to get off subject here, but you can have multiple apps open. Most likely you have some open now, just hold down the BB button to view open applications. Or, you can hit the BB Menu button once, scroll up and say Switch Application....oooooor, you can set the Convenience Key to the Switch Application if you use it a lot.
    oh yes yes I know, but not like on the PalmPre where you can view them all at once on the screen and just tap to go back and forth between them ... I want to be able to VIEW/USE more than one at a time - with the BB you still have to switch back and forth and can only view/use one at a time Its all good though, Im getting used to it lol

and only 1 convenience key .. wish there were available to set!
    smiles for your day ~ pixie
    BlackBerry Style 9670 purple
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts

I just picked mine up at the local Sprint store an hour ago...the Sprint man was fascinated with it as I was the first Style buyer they'd had and I had a hard time getting it away from him. He even decided to buy one for himself after seeing me order it yesterday. I am loving everything about this phone (coming from an 8330), especially the wi-fi, 5mp phone (takes great pics compared to the old 1.3 on the Curve) and the silly fast speed. I was surprised when I got it in my hands how solid it feels and can still type 1-handed like I did with my Curve. Get it...you won't be disappointed if you're on the fence!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by kellyjdrummer View Post
    Where did you throw the 5?
    Do you just troll the forums and look for trivial typos and mistakes to comment on? That's all I ever see you post...

OP, I'm glad you like your new phone, it doesn't matter what anyone else says as long as you like it.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by kellyjdrummer View Post
    It was just humor. Wow. Calm down.
    It was just a question. Wow. Calm down. I tried searching first if that makes you feel better.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask if you want it

Quote Originally Posted by redhdgirl417 View Post
    I just picked mine up at the local Sprint store an hour ago...the Sprint man was fascinated with it as I was the first Style buyer they'd had and I had a hard time getting it away from him. He even decided to buy one for himself after seeing me order it yesterday. I am loving everything about this phone (coming from an 8330), especially the wi-fi, 5mp phone (takes great pics compared to the old 1.3 on the Curve) and the silly fast speed. I was surprised when I got it in my hands how solid it feels and can still type 1-handed like I did with my Curve. Get it...you won't be disappointed if you're on the fence!
    I ordered mine through CS, and the guy that I talked to didn't know about the device either, and after helping me with my order he said he was going to buy one for himself! I think we should get a kickback for selling some for them!! LOL
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    PM me...

Quote Originally Posted by ridesno159 View Post
    It was just a question. Wow. Calm down. I tried searching first if that makes you feel better.
    LOL +1

OP: I thought I would hate flipping this thing open all the time, but now I actually like it. I think my dad and friend like not being rear-end dialed all the time.
    Nathan W.

Have any questions? Feel free to PM me, or email me:
    converseman(at)crackberry(dot)com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

lol the phone isnt for everybody
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T anyone?

Now there's an ad for the Style! "I love this flippin' phone!". Bad puns FTW!

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts
    PIN
    Good ol' PM

Just got my Mom the Purple style....NYC store at Bryant park said they've been moving inventory at a pretty good clip...
    CrackBerry User

I just got my wife the Style on Friday in place of her Tour. She is really loving the phone. I set it up for her and I do see it's really a nice device! I still say it isn't the device for me but I do like it and I feel it will be a successful one. It was the perfect choice for my wife. I'll most likely be getting the Bold for myself (I have the Tour right now).
    Last edited by birtsg; 11-14-2010 at 10:12 PM. Reason: adding text
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,139 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by birtsg View Post
    I just got my wife the Style on Friday in place of her Tour. She is really loving the phone. I set it up for her and I do see it's really a nice device! I still say it isn't the device for me but I do like it and I feel it will be a successful one. It was the perfect choice for my wife. I'll most likely be getting the Bold for myself (I have the Tour right now).
    The bold is a really good phone too. I had that when it first came out. I really enjoyed it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

So happy with my phone... I missed flip phones....

Global Posts
    32,293 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

The performance and form were executed quite efficiently from what I've seen and is in contention for an upgrade until Newer models are released later next year. I found the feel to be quite nice, and looking forward to playing a bit more.

CrackBerry Abuser

I know this is a silly question but... is it as bulky as it looks? Does it fit nicely in a jacket pocket/jean pocket?

Global Posts
    32,293 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

Quote Originally Posted by spark09223 View Post
    I know this is a silly question but... is it as bulky as it looks? Does it fit nicely in a jacket pocket/jean pocket?
    The Style is by no means bulky, in form it's only slightly thicker than my Tour, while being smaller folded.

Last edited by BergerKing; 11-19-2010 at 09:22 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

To the OP, glad you are enjoying your new phone. I finally had a chance to see one at Wally's today, I never thought I would be impressed with a BB flip phone, but I am in love and it was a dummy phone..lol. I am having a hard time deciding if I want to retire my Tour, it has been a solid work horse and problem free for the last year +. If anyone upgaded their Tour to this phone, I would love to hear your feedback. Sorry I didn't mean to hyjack this thread, I'm just stoked about getting this badboy..lol. TIA
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I just switched from my Verizon Tour to the Sprint BB Style yesterday - even had to pay a steep fee to break my Verizon contract - but I think it was worth it! I am SO loving this phone! It is not at all bulky, and fits in my jeans pocket much better than my Tour did. It seems I was always hitting keys inadvertently with my Tour in my pocket and now I don't have to worry about that anymore. OS 6 is an order of magnitude better than OS 5, believe me. And the purple color of the Style is positively gorgeous. I think the two of us will be close companions for some time to come!

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts

After looking at the pictures.... I sure wish a gsm version of this phone was available. Although I prefer the standard bb form, I have always liked the flip phone form factor.