Is there any chance that the Style is going to be getting an update to OS 7?
    theoleblanc likes this.
    08-11-11 01:45 PM
    That would be nice huh? its hard to say but i dont think so...but i could be wrong
    08-11-11 02:48 PM
    I'm thinking No!
    08-11-11 06:48 PM
    Nope. The Style will not get BB7.
    08-11-11 06:50 PM
    Nope. The Style will not get BB7.
    Says who? Can you please give us information to support your statement. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 09:13 AM
    RIM has stated that OS 7 will not be available on other legacy devices. However, hybrid builders may build hybrid OS that contain some OS 7 cods, files and programs that you can load onto your device.
    08-12-11 09:16 AM
    RIM has stated that OS 7 will not be available on other legacy devices. However, hybrid builders may build hybrid OS that contain some OS 7 cods, files and programs that you can load onto your device.
    thank you
    I can't believe it! This phone is not that old! Certainly they could have made it upgradeable, seeing that OS7 was so close!

08-12-11 10:46 PM
    thank you
    I can't believe it! This phone is not that old! Certainly they could have made it upgradeable, seeing that OS7 was so close!

Then you'd have no incentive to buy a new BB w/ OS7.

08-13-11 03:38 AM
    My Understanding (and I'm probably wrong) is that the style just does not have the processor or the memory to run os7.
    08-13-11 07:47 AM
    I also believe that OS 7 needs at least 768MB of memory.
    08-18-11 09:21 AM
    thank you

Storm2 owners felt the same pain when BB6 was released.
    08-18-11 09:31 AM
    My Understanding (and I'm probably wrong) is that the style just does not have the processor or the memory to run os7.
    More specifically, OS7 requires a dedicated graphics processor (as well as faster processor/more ram), which no os5/os6 devices came with. The "liquid graphics" aren't just a software change, it's a software/hardware combination.

8330m users were burned with os5 only landing for the 8330, and storm owners were burned with the os5 to os6 switch.

On a side note, it doesn't seem like RIM is looking to have the os7 devices upgrade able to QNX either. But that's just speculation at this point.
    08-31-11 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD