My boyfriend is looking for buy a Style he likes the look of it and he thinks it is smarter choice for him especially since it is a flip phone he feels he can keep it in better condition.

My question is, what are your opinions on the Style?
    05-10-11 05:46 AM
    The wife and I both have a Style. We both love them. Closed it is small to hold or slip in pocket. No "****" dialing (or hitting any keys by mistake). Battery life is good. Have had it 6 months and it looks as new as the first day.

The biggest issue is the camera. Not only is it placed in an akward postion (your finger tends to cover the lens), it has a HORRIBLE delay when snapping a picture. If you are taking a still image, no problem. Action shot, forget it.

My only other minor issue is the small display screen. (Hmmmm, to some, that is a good thing as it keeps the phone size down!) Web surfing, if you do a lot of that on your phone, wouldn't be much fun due to the small size. (I don't). However, the resolution is very good, so things are always clear.

Well, that's my .02
    05-10-11 06:38 AM
    The camera wouldn't be much of a issue for him, he wouldn't be worrying about that.
    He did have a curve before, but he does use the internet sometimes, mainly for kijiji or to check his email quickly when needed.

I really appreciate your input, and glad you have had good luck with the phone!
    It does sound like a good phone for him.

Thanks so much!
    05-10-11 07:22 AM
    I have the style now. It's a great phone. The screen can use a higher resolution. I like the form factor. I'm sure it'll be fine for him.
    05-10-11 10:24 AM
    Greatest BB from the Sprint line up that I have ever used!
    05-10-11 03:47 PM
    Greatest BB from the Sprint line up that I have ever used!
    Do you think the Style lags a bit?

I have the 9780 also, and i think that phone is smoother compared to the Style. Opening Apps and scrolling on the Style quick not as slick as my Bold.
    05-10-11 03:55 PM
    OS .407 was pretty laggy, .522 has helped with that a lot, especially for me.

This flip format is quite nice. Keyboard is little flatter but taller than the 96-9800 series. Bluetooth has been outstanding. Call quality on mine has been excellent.

My only gripe, in my instance, has been the small battery. For an average user, it is probably sufficient. I'm a battery serial-killer, though. I would prefer more juice.

Overall, though, I really like the device. It sits in the hand beautifully, and is a pleasure to use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 04:34 PM
    Love my Style! I like having a Blackberry tht's a little different.
    05-11-11 12:48 AM
    Love the Style, as do my kids. Can holster when I want and fits well in pocket.

Much faster than my old Tour.
    05-11-11 08:04 AM
    Do you think the Style lags a bit?

I have the 9780 also, and i think that phone is smoother compared to the Style. Opening Apps and scrolling on the Style quick not as slick as my Bold.
    load up a hybird and lag goes away and matter of fact it might blow anything u have away....
    05-11-11 08:07 AM
    load up a hybird and lag goes away and matter of fact it might blow anything u have away....
    That sounds awesome, which hybrid? Where can I get it?
    05-11-11 12:17 PM
    That sounds awesome, which hybrid? Where can I get it?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f211/9670-hybird-603073/
    05-11-11 02:50 PM
    Personally I think the Style is a POS and can't wait to get rid of it. I guess if you're a BB fan it might be okay, but for me it was a horrible decision.

Pros: Keypad and Visual Voicemail
    Cons: Everything else
    05-11-11 05:12 PM
    Personally I think the Style is a POS and can't wait to get rid of it. I guess if you're a BB fan it might be okay, but for me it was a horrible decision.

Pros: Keypad and Visual Voicemail
    Cons: Everything else
    That's incredibly... enlightening.

I wasn't a BB fan, actually. The Style is my first BB. I chose it over the EVO, and I am immensely glad I did. It has been a great little phone so far.

If you want to know more, I can post a link to an earlier post I made on another thread which is a mini-review with plenty of pros and cons.

But if you want to be helpful, Wait, maybe you could actually describe the problems you've had. Many things are just glitches that can be fixed with proper assistance.
    05-11-11 06:47 PM
    1. Cannot upload videos to Youtube.
    2. Sending pictures is an adventure every time both with text and facebook, mostly consisting of at least 1 battery pull.
    3. Camera is shakey at best.
    4. Screen resolution is sup-par, and watching videos is rarely a very good experience.
    5. No roll over into a second message while texting, always getting the wonderful "Field Full" message.
    6. The app store is overpriced and barren.
    7. Camera is in a really uncomfortable position.

Not trying to discourage future Blackberry owners in any way. This just isn't the phone for me. Sorry.
    05-12-11 05:06 PM
    I dropped my EVO a couple days ago... But my dad was due for an upgrade with sprint so he let me use his upgrade, I couldn't afford to get another evo and the Style was one of the only free phones with upgrade so I chose it. Can anyone tell me as a EVO lover what can I expect from this phone?
    05-16-11 01:21 PM
    I dropped my EVO a couple days ago... But my dad was due for an upgrade with sprint so he let me use his upgrade, I couldn't afford to get another evo and the Style was one of the only free phones with upgrade so I chose it. Can anyone tell me as a EVO lover what can I expect from this phone?
    Compared to the EVO? Not a damn thing, should have saved up and waited on the EVO 3D. That's my plan, I can't wait.
    05-17-11 10:18 AM
    I just got this phone and I love it. I've had every os and I switch a ton I've had (iphone 4, torch, droid x and pro, optimus, intercept, curve(4 times), samsung captivate and focus wp7. This phone is so functional and clean it looks gorgeous to me and the keyboard is top notch. Os6 is nice and the battery life does very well for 1100 mahz. Its free now and I got 125 for porting its a stellar device. I'd love to see a wimax bb but for now I'm happy.
    05-18-11 05:08 AM
    I used to love my Style but compared to my Droid X it reminds me more of a feature phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-11 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD