Ok so anytime I try to get to my home scrEen it just freezes on the last think I was looking at. The only way I can open anything is to hit my call button, hit menu then select "switch application". And that doesn't bring up even half of what I need. I have plenty of space left on my phone. I just want to be able to use the easy navigation of the home screen again. Plz help
    03-05-11 02:37 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? And welcome to CrackBerry!
    03-05-11 03:35 PM
    Ty very much! Does that do somethin different than just a full shutdown of the phone?
    03-06-11 03:04 AM
    Ty very much! Does that do somethin different than just a full shutdown of the phone?
    By "full shutdown" do you mean using the red END button as a power button to turn the phone on/off?
    Like many complex electronic devices, this is really more of a standby than an off state. For a real refresh, you often have to unplug a device or remove & replace the battery, and that's the casse with your BB too.

With your device on, remove the battery. Wait approx 30 seconds, then replace the battery.
    You can also simulate a reboot by simultaneously pressing ALT+SHIFT+DEL. (Either SHIFT key is fine.)

And as Dragon919 said, welcome to CB!
    As soon bas you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This can often help others to assist you.
    03-06-11 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD