It is upgrade time for my wife on Sprint, but there are no decent BlackBerry phones to upgrade to. She may have to get a Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch if a decent BB does not emerge quickly.
    07-02-12 07:12 PM
    I'm surprised to hear that, because the Bold 9930 is a GREAT phone. The internet is very fast, you get the benefits of the touch screen AND a qwerty keyboard that is best in class. I'ts a premium phone, you will know as soon as yiu hood it and later launch it. Dont be deceived by the display models they have at dealerships, they feel light and cheap, because usually dont have the battery weight that add to the feeling of durability and are usually shut off. Ask a friend to allow you to try oneout, you won't regret it.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-02-12 08:25 PM
    By gf switched from an android HTC and is hooked. BTW, Best Buy offers it for $99 now.
    07-02-12 08:27 PM
    I was hoping for something like the Torch or Torch 9810.

The 9930 is single core with 3G a 5mp camera and a 2.8" screen for $99, while the Samsung Galaxy S ll Epic 4G Touch has a dual core processor with 4G, 8mp camera and a 4.5" Super AMOLED Plus screen for $0.99.

The 9930 is already a year old and I don't see any replacements on the horizon for Sprint. This Sprint user did not think very highly of the 9930 Blackberry 9930- This is the flagship? Really? - SprintUsers.com
    07-03-12 03:33 AM
    Go for the Galaxy nexus, an amazing phone with all the features you could want. Upgrading to a Blackberry at this point is a waste of time since the current phone lineup is stale and being abandoned.
    07-03-12 11:14 AM
    The Nexus is an amazing phone, but we won't have LTE here for at least two years, so it is better to get a 4G phone that can use our existing WiMax coverage.
    07-03-12 04:18 PM
    Comparing a blackberry to the latest from android the BB will fall short in most areas. that not to say the 9930 isnt a great phone, just not the latest or greatest. You will be waiting untill after the first of the year for the next series BB. i'm in the same boat, and will wait to see if its amazing or not.
    07-11-12 06:58 PM
    I will be keeping my current 9670 after my 2 years is up in December. They haven't come out with a new flip phone and the new Torch sucks because it looks gay and doesn't have the slide out keyboard anymore.
    estroh likes this.
    07-29-12 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD