Okay so, I lied.

However, my girlfriend is just getting a new BlackBerry Style (her first BB) through Bell (Canada). I was wondering if anyone on the 9670 thread could suggest whether or not to update the os and the likes.

She's at the store, getting it now and I probably wont get a chance to look at it until tomorrow. does anyone else have this phone/ know what OS it's running?

It's her first BlackBerry and I'd like to make sure that her experience is a pleasurable one.

I'm all about pleasurable experiences.

Thanks
    Last edited by seb.hebert; 12-26-10 at 08:33 AM.
    12-17-10 01:04 PM
    It has OS 6. Latest official version is 6.0.0.407
    Last edited by Adrianne79; 12-17-10 at 01:29 PM.
    12-17-10 01:24 PM
    Does it come with .407? Yeah I should have said os version.. My bad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-10 02:03 PM
    I've got the device and I'm running the leaked OS version .413. So far I don't see any major changes from the .407 aside from contacts option now when in the phone screen. My memory is also higher on the leak but that could be from a bad install on the .407 version.
    12-17-10 02:52 PM
    Thank you for that.

I might install the leak on it if she decides to keep it.
    12-17-10 03:06 PM
    Okay so I'm about to set up my girlfriends' Style 9670, and I just noticed her OS is:

6.0 Bundle 864 (v6.0.0.286, platform 4.4.0.186)

So at this point the only OS for this phone that is more recent is the leaked one, right?
    12-18-10 03:10 PM
    No Sprint in the USA has officially released 6.0.0.407 and its the best OS I've ever seen on a BlackBerry I haven't found a single bug or ever had a random reboot on it.

12-18-10 03:14 PM
    You can get it straight from RIM go to bbleaks.com and he has a link to the official from RIM. This OS is very pleasurable.

12-18-10 03:16 PM
    I just installed .413 and I noticed a few things wrong with the phone now.
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure if some of these problems were present before the update.

The phone is stuck in 1X
    I did a battery pull, got 1xev for 30 seconds then it went back to 1X...
    Oh and now it's 1XEV!! Why can't I set it in the options for 1XEV?
    (only Automatic, Home or 1X are available)

Also we can't find her txt message icon. I tried looking for the options which combines your txts and messages into 1 inbox but I didn't find it.

Should I downgrade the OS to .407?? how would I go about doing that?
    Can I simply delete the .413 on my comp, download and install .407, remove the vendor file and load it through loader? Or do I need to remove it from the device somehow before?

Thanks for your help
    12-18-10 05:03 PM
    Arrghh!!

The phone keeps dropping back into 1X! and i'm just in my apartment and I never had that problem with my Storm!

Maybe I should have went with the official OS...
    12-18-10 05:12 PM
    okay wow I think something messed up, there's an icon showing up called:

net_rim_bb_timeddialogwakeupapp

thats all I can see.. where is this from? I'm thinking I should get rid of this OS .413 and go for .407.

My girlfriend thinks smartphones are dumb now because of all this set up time..
    I took one for the team, I told her it is I whom is dumb.
    help meee!!!
    12-18-10 05:30 PM
    I've got the device and I'm running the leaked OS version .413. So far I don't see any major changes from the .407 aside from contacts option now when in the phone screen. My memory is also higher on the leak but that could be from a bad install on the .407 version.
    dont mean to derail and sorry if i do...i have to give thanks first to you,a air force member.thanx fer the freedom!!! i know its not free.
    12-18-10 05:33 PM
    here I was so excited that I might have an answer...

THANKS HARLEY1ROCKER!!!... jk
    12-18-10 05:40 PM
    here I was so excited that I might have an answer...

THANKS HARLEY1ROCKER!!!... jk
    I've been running the leak for awhile now and haven't had any of those issues. I'd do a clean wipe (after backing it up) and try re-installing. If you want to go back to the official released OS go here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E
    12-19-10 07:48 PM
    dont mean to derail and sorry if i do...i have to give thanks first to you,a air force member.thanx fer the freedom!!! i know its not free.
    Thanks, I'll pass it along to my husband (he's the one that is actually active duty). It's always nice to know people appreciate the sacrifices military families make.
    12-19-10 07:49 PM
    Thanks for all the info Kerri

12-22-10 10:12 AM
    Just so you know, I ran the leaked OS for awhile and all of a sudden started having issues with Social Scope and Tweetissimo. I also downloaded a Santa Tracker app (for a review) and it wouldn't work properly. After contacting the app creator, turns out something in the leaked OS was causing the issue. Downgraded back to the official and everything is working correctly. Just thought I'd keep everyone updated.
    12-22-10 04:37 PM
    Thanks for the info, I also downgraded Kerry's (my girlfriend) phone to the official OS. No complaints since.. Except the phone is still having issues with dropping into 1X, but we'll have to go back to the carrier after the holidays...

Merry christmas and happy holidays!

12-23-10 06:41 PM
    I upgraded my wife's 9670 to .413 and had all the same problems you mentioned. I downgraded to .407 and all the issues went away.
    12-23-10 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD