I use the left convenience keys extensively. The right one for Quick Launch and the left one for Vlingo.

Getting the Style next week and went to the store and noticed that there was no left key.

Is this a deal breaker, or is there is a way to get around it.

Or should I get the 9330 instead?

TIA
    12-05-10 11:43 PM
    Well, they did one Convenience Key alright. However, once you download QL to your new device, open the QL Menu>QL Options, and you can choose up to 4 functions for your
    Convenience Key. Will this suffice for you? On Tour, I have 4 functions per Convenience Key, launching my most used functions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 12:18 AM
    Well, they did one Convenience Key alright. However, once you download QL to your new device, open the QL Menu>QL Options, and you can choose up to 4 functions for your
    Convenience Key. Will this suffice for you? On Tour, I have 4 functions per Convenience Key, launching my most used functions.

QlL can do that?

So my next question, is there must be a way to program the key inside QL,

However to get a key working for Vlingo, it needs to be selected as 'nothing'.

Now what? I have a 8330 as I will try to see I understand what you just stated.
    12-06-10 12:33 AM
    You can launch QL from the Space Bar with an adjustment, and Vlingo from the
    Convenience Key. QL is selectable from the QL menu and can be mapped to launch from a selection of keys.

Launch QL, click the Menu (BB) key, select QL Options from the pop-up menu, and you'll see selections for Multi-click. The key will allow you to set Vlingo as the default, then 2, 3, or 4 clicks will open the next selected functions.

ZedRight likes this.
    12-06-10 01:52 AM
    You can launch QL from the Space Bar with an adjustment, and Vlingo from the
    Convenience Key. QL is selectable from the QL menu and can be mapped to launch from a selection of keys.

Launch QL, click the Menu (BB) key, select QL Options from the pop-up menu, and you'll see selections for Multi-click. The key will allow you to set Vlingo as the default, then 2, 3, or 4 clicks will open the next selected functions.

Thanks,
    Space for QL and Right for Vlingo seems easy to work with.

Other than that resolved issue, the Style seems to have better features than the 3G 9330. Would you folks agree?
    12-06-10 10:15 AM
    Yes, the Style is probably the better choice over the 9330 but it really comes down to personal preference of form factors. I've had the 8330, 9650, 9800 & now the 9670 and I love it.
    12-06-10 12:25 PM
    Is QL supported on the style? I mean we run with 6.0 and I didn't think it was supported. I'd love to have it back for my new style.

If anyone has any other launchers they use and works for the style please post them. I'm interested in QL or whichever ones work atm.

Thanks
    12-08-10 09:10 AM
    Is QL supported on the style? I mean we run with 6.0 and I didn't think it was supported. I'd love to have it back for my new style.

If anyone has any other launchers they use and works for the style please post them. I'm interested in QL or whichever ones work atm.

Thanks
    I am hoping it will work. On his website it says:

Version 3.0
    This Update currently only for 9800, Storm, 96xx, 9700, 9000 and 8900. Other devices coming soon.

So I am thinking 96xx will cover me.
    12-08-10 01:53 PM
    Yep, QL runs on OS 6. Have it up and running on my Style.
    12-08-10 02:00 PM
    Yep, QL runs on OS 6. Have it up and running on my Style.
    Is this a paid app or is it available free somewhere?

12-08-10 11:55 PM
    QL is a paid app, typically $5, frequently goes on sale in the CrackBerry App Store (MobiHand), for � price. I highly advise that purchasing via MobiHand is better than from BlackBerry App World, as MobiHand is better supported and updates are listed there more quickly than on App World.

As for the Style having better features than some of the devices named, yes, it wasn't shorted like many of the CDMA devices often have been. I will be picking up a Style soon, myself, to start learning the ins and outs of OS 6. I do not see it as a downgrade.

12-09-10 02:50 AM
    OK I have the style and have tried to get quicklaunch tm and it isn't offered to be in the Blackberry App store. The only one of the programs I can get is QuickWeather. So how are the rest of you getting this app if you have the style
    Mobihand.com

kellyann88 likes this.
    07-08-11 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD