How long is this thing supposed to take?

I'm updating, but the progress bar hasn't moved from about 4/5 of "Uploading RAM Image", and it's been going for over 45 minutes.

I don't want to unplug it for fear of bricking the phone.

Any suggestions?
    12-23-11 04:32 PM
    12-31-11 06:22 PM
    I noticed the text length increase, but more importantly I regained functionality of Visual Voice Mail and voicemail notifications, which I lost with the previous update.

Now, if I could only add numbers directly from my call log to an existing contact directly (i.e. not have to copy, open contacts, find contact, select, edit, page down to the field, paste, return, save, exit, exit).

01-04-12 03:29 PM
    I deleted Vendor.xml and launched Loader.exe to install the new Sprint OS 6 software to my Boost Mobile Blackberry 9670. I was done in less than 45 minutes. After that I used the Blackberry Desktop Manager Switch Utility to transfer the apps and data from my old Virgin Mobile Blackberry 8530 to my new Boost Mobile Blackberry 9670. It works great. I noticed a major performance boost ( pun? ) via this OS 6 upgrade! The only problem I had was that I couldn't run the email setup utility when I was done. After hunting around the internet for a while, I found the fix. Read this:

KB26055-BlackBerry smartphone is unable to access the Email Setup Application after auto-updating

Now run this link from your Boost Mobile Blackberry 9670 browser to restore your email client:

http://Boostmobile.blackberry.com/rest/EmailClient

Best regards,

dpomales
    Last edited by dpomales; 01-21-12 at 05:47 PM.
    01-21-12 05:38 PM
    By the way, if you use any theme other than the built in update, you'e screwed. The update breaks every single third party theme, making it impossible to get to the options screen to change wallpaper and such. Sprint and RIM couldn't care less.
    True that you can't get to the options screen, but you can change the wallpaper by downloading the pic you want to use, then going to the pictures folder and selecting it, then clicking the BB menu button and choosing "set as wallpaper". Tedious, yes, but it works.
    01-22-12 09:21 AM
    my external screen doesn't work anymore after 6.0 bundle 3049 update. I was using a different theme that i put on there. Everything else seems to be working but external display. So now when i get a call i cant even see who it is until i open the flip and then im already connected to the call. I used blackberry software for the update. When i open and close my blackberry, i just see a white screen flicker on the external display so something got corrupted with the software update.
    Last edited by dmb2002man; 01-31-12 at 10:57 AM.
    01-31-12 10:52 AM
    I decided not to download this update and my is Style working just fine!
    02-23-12 12:05 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD